“Not 4.5 star” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Not 4.5 star”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for work due to the hotel's location in relation to the office.

Starting with the positive, the staff on the front desk were excellent. They were all positive and energetic and provided excellent service.

It's really the quality of the facility itself which was the big disappointment.
- Rooms were extremely bland and lacked character
- No minibar
- Parking was full each evening I returned to the hotel
- Poor bathroom amenities. Only soap/gel/shampoo.
- You need to drive to eat anywhere other than the hotel

I'm now in Auckland for a second trip and staying in the city. It's a slightly longer commute, but Auckland is not a huge city, so it's not that much difference and I'm enjoying my stay more due to all of the options the city presents.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Espresso74
Renato G, Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments.

We are sorry to hear that our room standards we were not suitable for your stay.

I will discuss different amenity options with the team to see what we can do to improve in that area.

As for the minibar, we are currently trialling a new Grab'n Go concept since a nunber of our guests would prefer to choose what items to have based on to their specific needs. However at any time you would like, we can certainly re-stock the minibar back in the rooms if the guest requires.

We truly apologise for not meeting your expectations and we hope to see you again for a second experience.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Indonesian first
Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very nice, clean and decent hotel in the Ellerslie area. Can easily catch a train to Britomart(Near city center of Auckland) from the Greenlane station which is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Morning continental breakfast has a lot of good selections including gluten free options. This hotel is about 20 minutes taxi ride from Auckland international airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and highlighting our Location, Breakfast Product and Staff Friendliness. The team was really happy to hear about your stay.

Best regards
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is hard to rate as it polarises . Things that are excellent the wonderful staff who try to make the stay pleasant hats of to you !

Food wonderful lovely

However when you have worked 12-13 hour days and pull up after driving 30 minutes to find a carpark in the pouring rain it's not so good. This happened every night I stayed there and I stayed four nights.

To be told each time there's extra carparks at ellerslie race course and I was like no there's not it's full ..

I said ok well I will have to pay for valet they said no we don't have it ..
Sometimes a wonderful staff member parked my car ..

Guys you need to fix this . Luckily one night after telling the staff I had an urgent appointment the person who was taking me said I could take his car park but otherwise this is very stressful. The wonderful English gentleman at the concierge desk came up to me upon check out having remembered he actually had retrieved my car from the first night (after driving around the carpark and half of ellerslie racecourse ) and took my keys and my bag and put the car outside .. Well he just restored my faith and now I will come back

During the week business people like me stay at your hotel we are really busy please everything else is great

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mitchwitch_13
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I have shared the comments with the team, in particular Bryan, our lovely English gentleman, they were all very happy to hear your thoughts.
Please note that we will be happy to assist with car parking, do not hesitate to contact our Front Office team on your future stay.

Best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenlane
Ibis Auckland Ellerslie
The Langham, Auckland
#5 of 68 in Auckland
4.5 of 5 stars 3,318 reviews
Rendezvous Hotel Auckland

Been to Novotel Auckland Ellerslie? Share your experiences!