“Consistently Good”

Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Greenlane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Novotel Ellerslie is in an excellent, easy to access location - just off the motorway at Greenlane. The check-in (and check-out) process was efficient and all aspects of the room were comfortable. We were at an engagement in the evening and returned late, but there was no issue gaining entry as there is in some hotels after hours. We had chosen a package including breakfast which was of good quality with a well-stocked and varied selection at the buffet. Once again, the experience at this property was very good. It is our hotel of choice when we need to stay in Auckland.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Checking in , and later the checking out was quick and efficient . Both receptionists were cheerful and welcoming in manner. The room was good , bed comfortable, good pressure in shower, not bad view , quiet , good level of cleanliness but the television sound was so so low even when at a high level. But it was easy enough to navigate the television menu. Not enough coffee and tea sachets or milk , must be bad for a coffee-holic as would be ringing for more constantly!!! We did not use the internet but as far as we gather the charge is exorbitant. Though here there are three mac computers to use free in the lobby area and if using ones own I phone, tab etc there is half hour free in lobby. As for the restaurant . It stated that on the night we went that it was an international buffet.....but did not seem like it. Not much of an international spread as far as we could see. Plus the food did not taste all that great what we did have. As for breakfast the food was good choice but the hot items were only warm and seeing quite a few Asian guests around thought they may have had more Asian style choices for them. The service in the restaurant dulled in comparison to the front desk service , the staff being not so welcoming or amiable. I overhead another guest being asked if they would like a coffee from the bar, like a flat white , etc and not just from the machine. We were never asked... Enough said about restaurant. Parking was plentiful ,and there is no charge, when we came though I have no idea what it may be like during the day or weeknights, and the hotel is in a good location being right next to motorway on/off ramp and a short drive to city centre and not that much further to airport. All in all a pleasant stay offset a little by a not so great dining experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review. Thank you for highlighting the cleanliness of our rooms, this definitely something we proud ourselves on.
Sorry if you did not receive great service in our restaurant. I have shared this feedback with the team; we are all very sorry and have taken your comments on board.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Colin M, Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good location and value for money hotel. Had dinner in the restaurant there was a Bastille Day special could not fault the service and meal. A little disappointed as had an Air New Zealand upgrade voucher for any Novotel, they had taken my voucher at check in and said “I was upgraded”, on entry to the room it was a standard room. Reception gave my voucher back, however couldn’t upgrade me to another room type. Frustrated that they didn’t say this at check in and had taken my voucher, they wrote void over the Voucher so don’t think I’ll be able to use it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are genuinely sorry for the way we handled your request at check-in. We acknowledge that we could certainly have handled this better and we do apologise.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was very, very happy. I cannot fault anything at all about this hotel. From the moment I walked in the service was exceptional and I felt like a special guest. I was greeted by a waiting doorman and directed to Reception where the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. I asked for an early wake-up call and this was provided exactly when I wanted it. My room was clean and warm. I was really impressed with the bed which was very comfortable and one of the pillows just the softest I have ever slept on! Having read another review on here I expected room service to be lacklustre - wrong! I was spoilt for choice and after ringing to order the Novotel burger and fries my meal arrived within 20 minutes. It was generously proportioned and tasted fantastic, so I went to sleep happy after watching a little TV. Checking out the next day was a breeze. Thank you Novotel Ellerslie for a wonderful stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for offering your thoughts. We were humbled by your feedback and rating, and it was a great pleasure to share your comments with our team. For us, this is what we strive for. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Colin M, Manager at Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenlane
Ibis Auckland Ellerslie
Grand Millennium Auckland
Grand Millennium Auckland
#13 of 67 in Auckland Central
Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland, Britomart
Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland, ...
#5 of 67 in Auckland Central

Been to Novotel Auckland Ellerslie Hotel? Share your experiences!