“Best Fish and Chips Anywhere”

Lake Huron Fish and Chips
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. OPEN AGAIN MAY 2018. We are pleased to have you as our guests at Lake Huron Fish & Chips restaurant. We offer the tastiest local Whitefish as well as the popular English-style deep fried haddock fish and chips in our homemade beer batter. Another great menu item is our burger which is handmade from local Manitoulin beef. There are the classics too: onion rings and poutine. We have vegetarian options as well. Come by for a visit we'd love to have you!
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Lake Huron Fish and Chips is a small restaurant in Providence Bay serving of course the best fish and chips around. Having travelled across most of Canada and typically ordering my favourite meal (yes... fish and chips) Lake Huron definitely has the best I have had yet. The spicy tartar sauce is amazing! The staff is very friendly and welcoming, there is always music playing and a great vibe.

One of my favourite things to do is to check out the boutique next door with amazing art, antiques and unique finds. Love visiting this place!

Matthew G, Owner at Lake Huron Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2015

I love eating fish and chips when I travel as well. We are proud to serve tasty fish and chips ourselves. Come back and see the new changes to our boutique!

Matthew

Reviewed July 3, 2014

When you're at Lake Huron Fish and Chips, you really need to try the fish and chips! Best fish and chips on the Island! Hubby loves the burgers and Little One loves the onion rings! The food is great, there's always great music playing, the staff is friendly and the owner has an amazing shop right next door! Check out the shop - it's filled with all kinds of treasures, including artwork from local artists.

We always take our out of town visitors to Lake Huron Fish and Chips! Highly recommend!

Matthew G, Owner at Lake Huron Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2015

Christine and family,

This review is really appreciated coming from you. You are a "go to gal" on the island for recommendations and we are thankful for your support!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've made a habit out of this place. At least once a year I trek to Manitoulin Island. My first stop is Lake Huron Fish and Chips. I love the fact that it just makes me so happy, naturally. It's just an easy, delicious and rewarding experience all around. The Staff are perfect and I love the art shop attached to the property.

See you again soon,

Tyler

Hey Tyler,

We sure appreciated your visit up to the island. What a beautiful place, right?! Hope you are doing well and perhaps see you again on the island!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Such a fun place to visit. I make it an annual tradition to eat here whenever I am on Manitoulin Island. The food is great, the music is fun and the service is friendly. There's a great shop (Pickers of Prov) with local artists and interesting pieces for purchase. A recommended place to eat, for sure! It's only a 2 minute walk from the beautiful view of Providence Bay.

1  Thank merestewart

Meredith!!

Wowzers, what a sweet review. We sure like having you visit the restaurant and hope to see you again this summer :)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Sweet people. Finger-lickin' good food. Cute & quaint boutique of eclectic artwork, antiques, and handcrafted goods... right in the heart of Providence Bay, a skip-hop-jump away from the beach. What more can you ask for? They're always busy for a reason! But it's totally worth the wait, and worth visiting again and again and again.... This Island jewel is a keeper!

Olvie,

I'm no poet, so my response to your great review will ultimately fall short. But we truly appreciate your support and kind words. Hope to see you this summer, we open May 14th!