1. The hotel has an excellent location with great views
2. Modern and well maintained rooms
3. The rooms have a wood burning Bukhari but no electric heaters. Bukharis need to be fuelled with wood every 15 to 20 minutes
4. Helpful staff at the resort
5. The restaurant has extremely limited vegetarian food e.g. they did not have a tomato &
cucumber salad. Quite strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encircled by pine forests in the hidden valley of Phobjikha – Gantey Gompa, home to the very rare Black Necked cranes, the Dewachen Hotel features sixteen double rooms, modern bathroom fittings, heavenly bedding comforts, and a restaurant with a magnificent view and the finest cuisine prepared by a professional chef. At Dewachen, you’ll find each detail well thought of and your needs anticipated each time you return. For your enjoyment and recreation, we have a cocktail lounge, horse riding facilities, and cultural programs on request and for a fee. A traditional hot stone bath to unwind and end your day. With a capacity to accommodate 30 persons, our medium sized, convention hall equipped with support facilities can easily handle your most ambitious conventions. With rooms heated by iron stove and hot water bags in your bed, the coldest days and nights are not a challenge. So come away to unwind and enjoy being pampered and catered to. After spending a little time with us, you’ll come away looking at life with a difference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BhutanBookings so you can book your Dewachen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewachen Hotel Thimphu
- Dewachen Hotel Bhutan/Phobjikha Valley