“Yummy!”
Review of Chequers Inn

Chequers Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Well
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a great meal,as usual, but just had to mention the sea bass. It was really excellent. Found the staff very obliging and the chef obviously has a passion for his food. We chatted after service and he really seemed to care that we loved our meal. It was a great birthday treat.

1  Thank Kate A
Jane B, Owner at Chequers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feed back. It's good to hear that you have enjoyed what we are doing as we are passionate about what we do.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went with my Grand parents who are both in their 80s on a Sunday afternoon.
We were told that most of the tables were reserved, however the staff were most polite and helpful and asked another couple if they would mind moving tables, which they did.

The food is expensive which I do not mind however if fell short of expectations at this price mark, veg was hard, meat was tough although very tasty and I struggled to cut it with a blunt knife.

The pub was rather cold considering they have an open fire, although this did not bother me my grandma sat wearing her coat throughout the whole afternoon.

Overall a lovely quaint pub with excellent staff, just needs to fine tune a few elements to justify its prices. Maybe a return visit in the summer to see if things have improved.

Jane B, Owner at Chequers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feed back. I am very sorry that you found the pub to be cold, unfortunately the only table available at the time was the one by the door. We do keep the central heating and log fire going all day, so I can only apologise that you found it cold. The food is sourced from good quality local suppliers and as such we are surprised and upset that it was not to your satisfaction.
We do compare our price with other local restaurants and pubs in the area and have found we are highly competitive. We are so sorry you were dissatisfied, we do hope to see you in the future.
Jane Bergeman

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My partner and I moved to Well in June 2012, and have been to the Chequers many times. We are delighted to have such a fantastic pub just down the road. The staff, who are extremely friendly and welcoming, have done a wonderful job on refurbishing the pub and it looks stunning. The huge, traditional log fire is the first thing you see upon arrival, and it immediately gives you a warm, cosy, welcome feeling.

The food at the Chequers is absolutely excellent. We have eaten there a lot since we have been living here, and have never been disappointed. We had Christmas lunch there and dinner on Valentine's Day too, and it couldn't have been better. I have tried pretty much everything on the menu, and have loved it all! The sticky toffee pudding is especially good!

The Chequers is a very special pub, and I would recommend it to anybody who loves delicious food, friendly people and beautiful surroundings.

1  Thank Josephine653
Jane B, Manager at Chequers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feed back. It's very nice to hear that you have enjoyed "The Chequers" experience. We strive to continue to please all our customers.
Jane Bergeman

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our classic MG group meet on the first Thursday every month at “The Chequers” at Well
and we have been meeting here since July 2008.
We love the quintessential cosy open fire, old oak beams, the warm and friendly but professional atmosphere at the pub, that Jane,Mike and Louise create.
The food is always of excellent quality and well presented (all of the usual garnishes and twiddly bits)
The group have a very enjoyable meal every month,whether it be a Classic bar meal or off the main menu,the quality remains at the same high standard, we also have our annual Xmas dinner there too, which is always a pleasure to organize because Jane, Mike,Louise and staff show their professionalism and make the evening run so smooth.
On a personal note my favorite dishes are Liver,bacon and onions or fish and chips,both are delicious and very good value.
”The Chequers" is well worth a visit at any time, especially if you like a pub with "Ye olde worlde" feel, a cosy open fire,excellent food and a warm inviting atmosphere.

T.J Arundel,West Sussex.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Party of 6 went for lunch and the clean plates reflected how good the individual meals were. Food was good , hot and well presented.
Service was very friendly and good and the service was paced ideally for our leisurely lunch.
Beer ,on tap, was also very good.

We shall return

Been to Chequers Inn? Share your experiences!