This is an excellent hotel, about 20 k's outside Trincomalee. I really enjoyed the food, our room and the pool. My son tried snorkelling at Pigeon Island, which was good but they stayed out there a bit long (2 hours will be plenty)
Staff very attentive and helpful. The breakfast (Egg Hoppers) was just excellent.
We got a tuk-tuk into Trinco, and saw the Hindu temple in the Dutch Fort - not much else to see from what I saw.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Island is located north of Trincomalee, off Nilaveli, one of the finest beaches in Sri Lanka. It offers 43 rooms (A/C), including suite rooms all of which have mini bar, internet, satellite TV facilities as further entertainment. Some of its amenities include spa and fitness center for adults, and play area for children, reading corner, and a secure outdoor playground for children. Scuba Diving ,Snorkeling,Fishing, Trolling,Whale Watching, Dolphin Watching,Catamaran Yacht for daily rent out, Romantic Dinners organized by the resort on a yacht or at the Beach (through reservations) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pigeon Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Island Hotel Nilaveli
- Pigeon Island Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Eastern Province