“Exceptional service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tala
Durham, NC
“Exceptional service”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Staying at this hotel has been a very pleasant experience for me and my family. I had been worried by the reviews saying that it was "basic," but my fears were completely unwarranted. The rooms (ours were in a two-room cabin) are spacious and comfortable, with all the essentials. What sets this hotel apart from any other that I have been to is the management. Both Aqeel and Ram Govind will go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Others have said this, but that does not do their efforts justice. For example I asked for a heater and they brought one, but one of the elements was not working. I mentioned it to them and even though I said it was fine, they went through five sets of heaters to make sure I was happy. The fire in the evenings was very nice, and the food was very enjoyable. We were also able to work out a good deal with Mr. Aqeel, making this the best option in terms of cost compared to any other hotel in the area. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience at Wild Haven.

Room Tip: I did not look inside, but I would not recommend staying in one of the tents -- especially in winter...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NCStranger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was my 2nd consequetive trip to bandhavgarh and am repenting why I did not stay at wild Haven on my 1st trip. Amazing place with a feel of wilderness and rustic uncut cottages. Infact if you sit in the verandah after 10:30 pm (Which is not advisable, but for the adventureous) you may encounter some animals including the tiger. There was a tiger that has crossed this resort a day before I came to stay. Naserbhai is an excellent cook and prepared sumptous home cooked food for us. The hospitality was great and Rajan can give you good tips on wild life. I would recommend this resort for people who want a feel & silence of the wilderness. People who are too hung on city life and expect city like ameneties can go to some other place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hampshire
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Lovely place to stay to see the wildlfe. We enjoyed the wildlife walks and spotted fresh tiger excrement and spraying but sadly did not spot the tiger! Saw lots of wonderful, colourful birds, deers, elephants and civet cats. The food here are really delicious and the staff are very helpful. The rooms are good size but rather basic at times but it did not really affect our stay. We all loved the camp fire every evening, sitting round it with a cold beer or gin and tonic.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank chirpybird
Delhi
Reviewed October 16, 2008

An excellent place to stay, if you are looking for a tranquil experience in wild. The cottages are suitably equipped and very clean, but the service is amazing. The staff is extremely helpful, goes out of their way to ensure your comfort. The time is really between Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner..the food keeps you coming back to the dining hall.
Its amazing how the resort, ensures that you thoroughly enjoy your stay.

• Liked — The staff and service, in that setting
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Vkaur
Glasow, Scotland
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed here in June, so not the best time for seeing Tigers as the monsoon started the day we arrived, We saw a tiger however! Everything about the resort was very good, we were collected from Katni station and dropped back there when we left. We booked via email from seeing there website and were not dissapointed, We got a spacious cottage with fans which was well bug proof, Although we did find a lizard one day which they rushed to get rid of. The meals were very good also, And we got so much food, almost too much! They also helped organise our safaris, we really didnt have to do anything but pay!! Highly reccomended.

• Liked — How easy the whole experience was
  • Disliked — Not alot to do outside of safaris
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tala
The Wildflower Resort
Mogli Jungle Resort
Junglemantra Resorts
Junglemantra Resorts
#3 of 12 in Bandhavgarh National Park

Been to Wild Haven Resort? Share your experiences!