“Eagles' Nest 2” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagles Nest Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kentish
Eagles Nest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 West Kentish B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Eagles' Nest 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was quite by chance that I stumbled across this gem when looking for a place for our 25th Wedding Anniversary - we had honeymooned and celebrated our 10th Anniversary in Tasmania. I had seen some photos of an amazing view (of Mt Roland) and totally unaware of where it was...it was a delightful surprise to find it was in Tasmania...and... it was free for our anniversary date (some of the few dates left at that time!). I could not possibly speak highly enough of this accommodation - it was sublime! My friends and family will testify to how much I rave about it! My husband had woken on the first morning to see an amazing sunrise coming through but chose to let me sleep (me not being a morning person). His description was enough for me to set the alarm for the following morning to see for myself...I was in awe! There isn't a week that goes by that we don't speak fondly of our time at Eagles' Nest..that was 2 years ago! In planning my husband's 50th birthday it was the only place to return to. We are looking forward to returning to an amazing, relaxing and glorious spot. You get what you pay for and we have saved, as a labour of love, to enjoy it once more. Eagles' Nest is a credit to Des and Dianne and we feel truly honoured and blessed to have been and to continue to be a part of their vision and creativity. The only downside for us is that we can't get there more often! (only 3 years until our 30th anniversary though!) ;)

Room Tip: We had the "African" themed room which was lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryanne W

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our honeymoon! The place is quiet pricey but it is definitely worth it! The views are amazing and they go above and beyond to make the experience enjoyable! It is amazing to wake up in the morning to the view of Mt Roland and go to sleep under the stars! We would highly recommend this to everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Nest 1 - perfect for couples
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ellen C
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

What led us to this paradise? My 7 year old son's love for the duck billed platypus! We booked our 4 day stay through the warm and friendly owner by ringing from England, flew to Sydney and then on to Launceston followed by a 2 hour drive and we were there; a truly wonderful place on Earth.
From the moment my family and I arrived, we felt safe, welcome and exhilarated. We engaged a chef ( one of the services available to guests) and experienced a wonderful BBQ with steak and crayfish within hours of arrival.
The accommodation was simply superb. What about the platypus? We saw him/her (possibly two) several times in the pond just outside and observable from the living room and bedrooms!
My son's dream came true. Above, in the sky we saw wedge tailed eagles. There were strange geese running around on the ground, dragonflies gliding through the air, butterflies and flocks of small birds.
The lovely town of Sheffield was close by with its coffee houses and incredible fudge. The view of Mount Roland from the resort was breathtaking.
We visited (by car) Latrobe, West kentish, Sheffield, Cradle Mountain, Beauty Point and one of the beaches on the North Coast from our "base". People in Tasmania were friendly, helpful and proud of their great state.
The owner (voluntarily) took us out for an unforgettable drive in his pick up truck at night so that we could see a possum. We saw the possum, wallablies and the stars in an unclouded sky. In my view, this was the physical world at its best.
We asked for the chef to return on another evening and she cooked a fantastic meal for indoor consumption with wine and served under candlelight!
Eagles Nest 2 stands for beauty, decency, good food, fine accommodation and nourishment for people with an interest in botany and zoology.
There was a TV with DVD player...but we did not need them much.
As a busy Doctor I felt transformed after only 4 days of rest in this unique place. As we left we started planning our next trip and truly feeling; Advance Australia Fair.

Room Tip: Eagles nest 2 is one of a kind. Ring the owner/proprietor for the booking.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We returned in January 2014 for a couple of days in Nest I and then Nest II. Last year we thought we could not have found a more magic, relaxing place to stay than Nest I - but we were wrong! Nest II was even more amazing. While we were there we were treated to a front row view of the resident platypuses at play. I couldnt believe how often we saw them as they are such shy creatures. I also got an amazing photo by waiting patiently in the early morning and taking it from the upper deck near the loft. I was quite unwell when we stayed but was completely comfortable. Nest II is so well appointed and the African suite was fabulous. I could lie in bed and see the Lake, the Mountain and even the platypus at times! Des as usual made us totally welcome. We will be back. An unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: We loved the African suite as it had a large spa bath. But as there is also an outside spa bath and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AllyChat
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the time you book your stay till the time you go home it feels like family, we stayed in nest 3. The house was amazing!!! The views are breath taking, every time you go outside or look out the window it changes. Des made our stay so comfortable. The outside bath and fire place is something you can't go past, even the little chickens are super friendly!! I can't say enough about this place, if you are thinking of something affordable, secluded and amazingly romantic you have to stay here. The massage from Pauline and personal chef Cynthia were what dreams are made of. We will definitely go back

Room Tip: Nest 3 was awesome but all the nests look amazing
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VanessaMcPherson
Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was the perfect location to start our honeymoon. We stayed for 3 nights in March 2014 in Nest 1. We loved the seclusion, the privacy, the silence, the magnificent view, the stocked fridge, the spa, watching the stars through the sky light and Cynthia's cooking. Des has thought of everything to make your stay a relaxing experience. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luba C
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest I for one night in February, and my only regret is that we didn't have longer. We loved the outdoor spa, the seclusion, the breakfast supplies, and the incredibly comfy bed. Eagles Nest is worth every cent, and Des was a lovely host.
If you are not arranging to have a chef cook dinner, I would suggest that you bring groceries, as the food at the local pub is average, and once you have settled into Eagles Nest, you won't want to leave.

Room Tip: Eagles Nest I is perfect for couples (despite there being two bedrooms).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 9 in Sheffield
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
Acacia Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 5 in Sheffield

Been to Eagles Nest Retreat? Share your experiences!