“Eagles Nest Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Kentish
Eagles Nest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 West Kentish B&B and Inns
Hobart, Australia
“Eagles Nest Retreat”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest II and it was fantastic! We were greeted by Des who was very warm and welcoming. The property is the largest of the three Nests and has everything you could want or hope for! The view of Mt Roland is stunning and the dam outside the Nest comes to life with Platypus, Birds, Rabbits, Native Hens and Ducks throughout the day. Hoping to go back some day!

Kim

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brisbane
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Wow what an amazing place! We went for our 20th anniversary and had a wonderful time. The retreat was beautiful, spotlessly clean, amazing views and very romantic. The perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.

Thank you Eagles Nest - fabulous. A must do in Tassie.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jackyandrob
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My family and I stayed at Eagles Nest II, the rooms were amazing and spacious. One of the highlights was that all the rooms have a different theme and two of them have spa’s. (The African was my favourite.)

This was not my first stay in Eagles Nest, it was about my fifth! I love this place! When I looked around the rooms they were absolutely amazing and clean. When I went into the African room it was just as I remembered it, the spectacular view of the mountain, the luxurious bed, and the great spa and fireplace.
When it was time for dinner we ordered the chef Nick Sallase to come and cook for us. The food was utterly stunning. As we ate dinner we looked out to the sunset and the dam. Perfection!

The next morning we had a outdoor spa which took away all my stress from work. After, we had a look at the waterfall and went along the alpine walk. It was entirely peaceful, relaxing and quiet. We looked around a little more and admired the outside barbecue and the fire pit, we also loved the glass dining table.

It was great because there is a local town five minutes away and a big city thirty minutes away. At the small town we met lots of friendly people and there was some really good cafes. When we got back I went to have a nap.

I really enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back again... maybe with some friends??? This is a highly beautiful place and to all those viewers come and enjoy what I enjoyed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at Eagles Nest Retreat in December 2013/ January 2014- three nights each in Nests I and III.

Nest III was amazing, cleverly designed and nestled in a private and scenic valley with stunning unimpeded views of Mouint Roland and the surrounding country side. The property was built in 2012 and is in excellent condition with a large fully equipped kitchen, good TV and entertainment system, wonderful log fire and outdoor fire pit, good selection of recent DVD's, three hammocks, indoor spa, and a massive outdoor bath constructed from parts of an old milk vat. There were numerous indoor and outdoor areas from which to sit, eat, relax and enjoy the scenery and peace and quiet.

Nest I promised a lot but was a little bit dated and run down. This isn't to say it was bad, but it didn't have the 'wow' factor that the web images promised. However, it did have indoor and outdoor spa baths, as well as a jacuzzi upstairs, although we didn't use the jacuzzi, preferring to use the outdoor spa. The design of the property provides impressive panoramic views from the upstairs bedroom and living room and the large window in the ceiling allows you to sleep under the stars. Unfortunately, the poor selection of old DVD's and outdated TV/ entertainment system were disappointing, as was the owner's preference for retaining food stuffs from previous occupants in the fridge and cupboards.

We would definitely return to stay in Eagle's Nest III. The only thing that would improve this place is blinds or curtains in the bedroom as, while the views from the main bed are to die for, we did find ourselves wishing for a sleep in. Nest I needs some attention to bring it up to date with other properties in this class.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank We-really-hate-work
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I'd seen photos online and knew that this was an amazing location but nothing could prepare me for the reality of the retreat! It is simply breathtaking - wonderful location, amazing views, beautiful rooms and so peaceful.
My family and I had a wonderful stay in Nest II, enjoying the spas, tranquility and get-away feeling of the retreat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Canberra
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Eagles Nest 2 to ourselves for a few nights in December....weeks later and I still can't find the words to do it justice.

Absolutely perfect....you've thought of all of the big and little things which make accomodation special - we had an amazing stay and wouldn't change a thing.

I hope one day we can make it back to stay again.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank takemebacktotahiti
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at Eagles nest III for, sadly only one night. from the outside it is unassuming and interesting, the initial highlight is the incredible views, including Mt Roland and the gorgeous rolling green hills, you almost expect Heidi to come yodelling over one of them. The home has a magnificent ambience with so many thoughtful spaces for relaxing, including hammocks, rocking chair, and the quirky and clever outdoor bath , which adds a whole different and amazingly unique experience to your stay. Sinking into the bath with the most stunning views of Mt Roland was surreal and magnificent, something you would cost a great sum of money to experience in Europe! The home was far more interesting and exciting than the photos show, and Des was exceptionally helpful, but also mindful of privacy. If you are struggling to relax and switch off, this place is perfect, it exudes peacefulness, and the surroundings are just magnificent, it's impossible not to feel relaxed here. we will be back to this piece of paradise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Sheffield
AAA Granary Accommodation
AAA Granary Accommodation
#1 of 1 in Promised Land

Been to Eagles Nest Retreat? Share your experiences!