“Brilliant hotel with superb staff”
Review of Drumoig Golf Hotel

Drumoig Golf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Drumoig
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel with superb staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My son and new daughter in law were married in Cancun and held their wedding reception at the Drumoug Golf Hotel .The service we received was second to none, the staff were superb.They did us proud organising a very special night with family and friends.The buffet at the reception was delicious and we had so much to choose from as was our breakfast on the following morning. Our room was very cosy and we had wonderful views overlooking the golf course. I would absolutely book here again and want to thank the whole staff for such a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Me and my husband had our wedding reception at the drumoig recently following our wedding abroad.

We loved the hotel especially the view from the restaurant over looking the golf course. We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was large and spacious with a jacuzzi bath which was a lovely touch.

The most impressive thing about the hotel was the staff. Lynn helped us plan our reception which was a Mexican theme and the chef cooked the best enchiladas! On the night we wanted for nothing as Lynn and the staff were always on hand. Lynn did a fantastic job of making sure the speeches etc run smoothly.

The breakfast the next day was fantastic, with a great selection of cereals, fruit and hot items. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we are glad we choose the drumoig for our important celebration.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here last week for a family wedding. Everything was perfect the staff are excellent and the rooms cosy. Although we never played golf the resort is very picturesque and I would reccomend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Scotland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This review is over 2 separate stays a year apart. It will make sense when you read on...

I had a wedding to photograph in St Andrews August 2011, and with it being an all day affair, chose to stay in the area the night of the wedding. So I had a lot of expensive gear with me, as well as someone's treasured wedding photos on my cards.

I was staying in a twin with my female assistant, and we soon realised that this probably isn't the greatest of places for 2 females, when the receptionist said she had placed us in the main building as we "were female....." Yes it's a golf/stag party type of place so the bar can be a little intimidating when it's full of men and we walk in... Bedroom was comfortable and breakfast was average.

But the class act was after a real busy day, crashed in bed and we are awoken by a drunk man in our LOCKED bedroom, using our toilet facilities... Turns out he had keys.... MASTER KEYS, and couldn't remember what room he was in, and tried every room before deciding that our room was the best to leave a present in the toilet for us.... He came back a second time 10 minutes later.... We received several different stories in the morning and in correspondence with the hotel after our trip. The night porter gave him the master keys when he lost his own key, but chose not to accompany him to his room, letting him find, in the end, our room. He was found in the laundry room in the morning.

After we complained, we were given a free return stay, which funnily enough I took a year to the day of the previous visit. My assistant couldn't stay the night before the wedding, which I did, so she stayed the night after. As a solo traveller this time, the bar was a little intimidating again with drunk golfers but the bar staff were pleasant. I had a decent nights sleep this time, though my assistant the following night said she didn't as she struggled to get to sleep with the noisy drunks in the bar downstairs.

Would I stay again? If I had to, but would look elsewhere first. The fact that it IS quite far out of St Andrews doesn't help either. I think I would prefer to get a B&B in town...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NMcLeodPhoto
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just back from a weekend golfing with 7 friends, we stayed at Drumoig and played 2 rounds of golf. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. The course was in decent nick for the time of year and is a good challenge for all standard of golfers. The "deal" was excellent value one nights B&B and 2 rounds of golf for £69. We will be back again perhaps when the weather is a bit warmer.

The only down side is the hotel location there is nothing round about. If your in a group and would like to go out for a drink it is ataxi to Dundee or S Andrews which are 4 and 10 mies away. If you decide to stay at the hotel bar the clubhouse is good, the bar food was very good and staff very friendly.

Overall a very good trip I would recommend the hotel / golf deal excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nyack, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Drumoig Hotel for 3 nights, the hotel was lovely and warm, they have a log fire in the bar which is extremely comfortable, especially looking out over the golf course on a cold evening. Food was great and very reasonably priced. (I recommend the soup, homemade just the way it should be!) hotel is very clean and staff pleasant and helpful. Ideally situated for travelling, minutes from Dundee railway station and the airport. Shall stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband , myself and our dog stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed every min of our stay . The staff were very friendly and polite . The breakfast was made to order so always nice and hot . We ate out on our 1st night there , it was good , but on the 2nd night we decided to eat at the hotel , we had a lovely 3 course meal which was very reasonably priced . We will definitely stay there again .

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drumoig
Fairmont St Andrews
#3 of 17 in St. Andrews
Hotel Du Vin
Hotel Du Vin
#5 of 17 in St. Andrews

Been to Drumoig Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!