“Nice course, terrible members.”

Drumoig Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Drumoig
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice course, terrible members.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

First, the course. It's a magnificently laid out championship golf course with some great feature holes, most notably those around the turn. The condition has been decent any time I have played here, even in winter. The deals they do here in winter are generally great value and a great reason to visit here in winter is that you play the full course (no mats)

The major negative I have of Drumoig golf club however are the members. I have played this course around a dozen times, and I've had problems with members on at least 25% of my visits. I realising I'm making a sweeping generalisation here, but the members here are the type of people that give golf a bad name. There is a snobbery about the place that gives the impression(at least to me) that you're NOT WELCOME!
In the past I've just shrugged this off, but after today, I've had enough. This is my review and my last visit to Drumoig.

I may add that I am a club member myself and behave within the boundaries that are expected of a golfer on the course. I've visited many courses in my area and beyond and have never been spoken to like I have been at Drumoig.

6 Thank Atticus_Fi

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place near St Andrews”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and it's a great place to stay and very good value. Nice clean modern rooms with good views over the golf course. Simple but satisfactory buffet breakfast. It's my second stay here and it won't be my last. Well recommended,

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great value golf course”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I havent stayed here but I cant think of another course in Scotland that can be had this cheap for this level.

£18 midweek golf on a course this standard is very rare, and buggies reasonably priced too