“Fan-tas-tico !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jolly Fryer

Jolly Fryer
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fan-tas-tico !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

If you want quality food and a jolly welcome. Then come to jolly fryer chip shop. Always fresh and delicious food. Sometimes you might have to wait but everything is cooked to order. If you want fish and chips then try his whale and chips. 100% excellent service. Theo (the owner) will always give you a warm welcome. Give jolly fryer a try. You won't be disappointed. From your friend Mr Wayne

1 Thank Wayne B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fit for a king”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I've just travelled 20 miles because I was hungry for a chippy!! I won't eat at those normal chip shops! It has to be the jolly for me. best fish and chips in the world. Theo has gone above and beyond to satisfy his customers and satisfied we are, this guy needs a medal for the time ad effort he puts in to his work. Hiss food is to die for!!!!!!!

1 Thank Benjam S
“A PROPER CHIPPY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

without a doubt the best around, these fish and chips make you feel proud! jolly special, kebab....makes restaurants look tacky!

“MY GUARANTEE OFF EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I regularly frequent the " Jolly Fryer " chip shop as I moved to Kirkby in Ashfield at the start of 2006 I was just married and THEO ( didn't have the chippy then ) I had tried all the local chippies and there wasn't a good one in the area .
Good fish and chips came from Skegness as you had a walk through the sandy beach . So I would very rarely go to the chippy for food .
Come 2009 along came THEO the man that CAN ( cook excellent food ) & his staff gave you a great service .
I will never forget that first time I was late for a battered fish and he said " try it without batter " I went home with a batterless haddock and boy it was excellent . The following night I returned to try a cod WITHOUT batter , I got home and it was SUPRENDOUS .
I enjoyed it that way I only have battered fish on the JOLLY SPECIAL now . I will recommend that you try EVERYTHING on his menu as his motto is

" IF I WON'T EAT IT MYSELF NEITHER IS MY CUSTOMER'S GOING TO "

& IN THE BIN IT GOES .

A 5 Star rating isn't enough for the Jolly Fryer chippy at Kirkby in Ashfield on lowmoor road , they score 15* rating .

Thanks for the food and see you tomorrow

“The Best chippy :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Been coming era for 5 years wouldn't go anywhere else food is amazing, staff are very friendly & the owner theo is lovely very welcoming !!

• Visited October 2013