The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
Lord Lyon Inn(Stockcross)
TripAdvisor
2,031 results
All reviewsfood and winemichelin starby the glassmatching winesspecial occasioncourse menubirthday celebrationfrom start to finishdining experiencefine diningafternoon teatreatment roomsmain restaurantwhole experienceattentive stafffantastic stayrelaxing break
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Close to my all time favourite restaurant & hotel. loved the location & loved the hotel itself - very close to being home from home. My room was 3 rooms in one and the service I got was very personal

Going to go back here

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anonymous1703
Marwan H, General Manager at The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a very positive review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

That's great to hear that we are close to one of your all time favourite hotels and restaurants. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your whole experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Have dined many times at The Vineyard and always enjoyed the accomplished food, the superb wine list, and
the professional service. This time we chose to include an overnight stay in one of the atrium suites. After a very fine wine dinner, we returned to an incredibly comfortable space with a luxurious bathroom, all looking out on to
the very beautiful grounds.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

I'm so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your food and wine experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Vineyard soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here only for one night on a weekday during our short tour around Cotswalds. We selected this hotel out of the list of Chateau and Relais properties in the area. Contrast to the historic manor we had stayed at the night before, we found the Vinyard to be modern with some Californian ambiance. We stayed at a room at the very end of the building. Walking down the hall I noticed that section of the building was newer compared to the rest of the building. The room indeed felt new with nice large bathroom. The property does not have a large garden so the view from the room was somewhat limited. There was a bottle of champagne, an outrageously delicious box of chocolates, fruit plate, and a coffee table book as a gift which was very nice. We had a tour of the wine cellar shortly after the arrival. The sommelier Craig was generous with his time and spent about an hour with us answering our questions. We also enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi, and sauna before the dinner. It was empty and we had the whole spa to ourselves. The poolside chairs and towels were very well organized at all times.

For dinner we had a 5 course tasting menu. We were first taken to the lounge area for a drink and snack where we were able to enjoy the complimentary champaign from the room. I enjoyed the fact that they took time to let us go through the menu and took our orders in the lounge before heading to the dining area. Craig graciously accommodated several of our wine tasting requests and we ended our dinner fully satisfied. The wait staff were efficient and courteous but I was surprised to see that the majority of them were so young in an establishment like this.

Room Tip: Room facing the front of the hotel.
1  Thank akiraoz
Marwan H, General Manager at The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear guest

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Vineyard, were happy with your room and had a great experience in our spa and restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a lovely place to stop for a late-ish lunch on a dreary Bank Holiday Monday. Although we had no booking, the staff worked hard to accommodate us (they were very busy; always a good sign) and seated us in the bar area which was quietly upmarket. Their thing is wine. They have every kind of wine imaginable and they're very knowledgeable about the subject. We were served by a charming French waiter who explained to me how they were able to allow me to choose some very quaffable wines from the wine list without having to partake of the full bottle (something about specialised vacuum equipment which I don't fully remember but was pretty impressed by). Given that it was my turn to drive (again!), I opted for a 1990 red Bordeaux while my wife chose an equally classy French white. You heard me correctly - a 1990 Bordeaux BY THE GLASS. Indeed, their selection by the glass is huge. Turning to the food, the lunch menu was short but satisfying. The flat breads selection with dips was lovely and we followed this with a very tasty vegetable risotto. After deciding to be good and avoid the desserts, despite an amazing-sounding rhubarb crumble, we had coffee and short bread in the front lounge while we relaxed and passed the time in the tranquil setting. A lovely place and one we will revisit for sure.

1  Thank Andrew C
Marwan H, General Manager at The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable lunch on Monday and you were impressed by our selection of wines by the glass. I hope you enjoyed your glass of 1990 red Bordeaux!

Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have just returned from here. The food, wine and service are exceptional and undoubtedly excellent. The rooms really let the place down though and I wouldn't stay here again until refurbished. Whilst the grounds and communal areas are excellent, our room looked like it was last touched 20 years ago with an old bathroom, ancient non-working TV and really cheap, ill-fitting velux blinds on the window. Although we had a fabulous meal in the restaurant our 2 year old was awake at 4am with the light coming in through the blinds and left us all exhausted. I tried making my own makeshift blackout curtains with the duvet but it was too late by then. We tried to go for an early morning swim but they have a one hour slot at eating times for kids. We had booked for a further night but decided we couldn't do with another 4am slot and we were all so exhausted we left. What was meant to be a relaxing break left us all tired and a bit grumpy. It's a shame as the food and the staff are truly exceptional. The food is 5 star but the accommodation feels very definitely 3 star. On balance it becomes average.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NeilSuzanne

Dear Guest

Thanks for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor. I’m pleased to hear you had a great meal in our restaurant and enjoyed our grounds and communal areas. However, I’m sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t as relaxing as you had expected.

I note that you were planning to stay for a second night. Please contact me directly if you wish to return for another night and I will personally organise a complimentary room upgrade for you.