“Balatonlelle”

Book In Advance
More Info
$315.00*
and up
Small-Group Somló and Northern Balaton Wine Day...
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Lake Balton is the inland sea of Hungary, and Europe's largest lake.
It is a wonderful destination, especially for families, since the water is warm, and shallow and quite safe for swimming.

I would however like to warn anyone who wants to have a peaceful and restful holiday, to avoid some of the resorts on the south side of the lake.

I have just spent a weekend at Balatonlelle, one of the many resorts along the south shoreline. What should have been a restful weekend, turned into a completely unacceptable 3 days of being unable to get away from pop music, blaring out of loud speakers in almost all public
places. At times, I was between two sets of speakers thumping out two different pop tunes.

These are not from private radios but from sanctioned, official speakers, from clubs and hotels all along the coast, which seem to have a policy of providing unbearably loud and rubbishy pop music all day long, starting at about 10am and going well into the night, often till about 3am in the morning.

There seems to be no ideas about "noise polution" in Balatonlelle.

The North side of the lake, particularly Balatonfüred and Tihany is quite different, and you can enjoy the lovely lakeside in peace and quiet.

Never again will I holiday in Balatonlelle. I prefer to have a restful weekend, enjoying the quiet of nature, combined with swims and nice food from simple shoreside cafes.

North side of Lake yes, but the South and Balatonlelle in particular gets a thumbs down.

4  Thank Jutka F
in 27 reviews
"beaches"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I was in Hungary in last recently, among the places we visit was the lake Balaton.- As all in Hungary is rather poor destination.- The landscape is monotonous, and it has lack of good services.- Like in the whole Hungary do not expect any help from the people that, generally, is unfriendly and not polite.- Nobody in all the country seems to knows English (not to say my mother language that is Spanish).- Be careful with thieves that appear to be a national calamity.- If you go by car you have to put great attention as a lot of signs are in Magyar, and the policemen, as almost all people in the country, are rude and very unfriendly my stay in the Balaton zone as in the whole Hungary (except the Hotel) was a really nightmare.- If you are planning to visit Europe, I strongly recommend that skip this country that is not worth to spent time (and money) in it.-

10  Thank Extraordinary802749
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is the Hungarian sea and there is a reason people say it is. It is fun and it has a really nice welcoming feeling. One of my dreams is to bike around the lake which, they say it is an amazing experience. You can find accommodation and food for every budget and all the age groups and there is always something to do, to see. I really love spending my holiday there!

2  Thank Szerendipity
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited Lake Balaton last summer. It was a short trip but it fell deeply into my memory. The place is beautiful, especially at the sunset. People here are friendly and helpful and nearby villages are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. You feel here like in a dream. It's very romantic place also, a long evening walk around the lake is perfect for lovers. And one more thing, probably the most important one - they have amazing hamburgers here! The best I've eaten, and I've tried a lot in my live. It was a great trip, I recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Kamila K