“Simply perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonedge
London, United Kingdom
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I brought my husband here for his 40th birthday along with our baby, eight friends and two young children. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend. I had been in touch with the hotel on countless occasions to make sure everything was ready - from the room booking, to sightseeing, and a tailormade six-course tasting menu in the adjacent bistro. The service provided was prompt and helpful throughout. Yet, I was still surprised at how warm, personable and service-minded everyone was, in particular Caroline (on reception). The rooms are spacious and clean, the views lovely, the location great for exploring the many nearby attractions, and the food in the restaurant excellent (the only request I would make is for slightly larger portion sizes). Our waiter during the birthday celebration was excellent and the tasting menu both adventurous and scrumptious. I also really enjoyed listening to the piano player while having a drink in the bar. I would recommend the Peak Edge hotel to anyone and look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
I am delighted to receive your wonderful review and so pleased that you chose the Peak Edge Hotel for your husbands 40th Birthday celebrations, your beautiful baby daughter and all your wonderful friends and their children. I am so pleased that you had an amazing weekend all together, enjoyed the speldour of The Peak District, and thank you dearly for your kind compliments towards our Receptionist Caroline and your Waiter on the birthday celebration meal in The Red Lion Bistro. We would be so delighted to welcome you once again. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
East Anglia, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

A genuine boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere! The staff were wonderfully helpful - for instance photocopying a map of a suggested walking group for us. Bedroom was large, bright, clean and overlooked a pond. To be honest - it really doesn't look too special from the outside, but inside it was a delight.
I've reviewed the restaurant separately, as that was a real disappointment. But don't let that put you off the hotel itself

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving your recent review, I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the hotel facilities and wonderful reviews. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you kindly for your compliments on my fabulous team here. I hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a soggy dreary afternoon but were pleasantly surprised with greeting and room on first floor. We unfortunately had to complain about the shower not working and a couple of niggles but these were addressed. On waking the next morning we found we didn't have hot water or water pressure but it was a hotel wide issue. On returning to the hotel later in the day we were advised we had been upgraded to Lytham Suite. It was lovely and yes we were able to shower and bathe to our hearts content! A nice touch and something to keep the client happy.

We cannot fault the breakfasts. First class and delicious especially the bacon.

Will recommend to others. Great spot for touring and the Red Lion meal we had along with the local Derbyshire wine was yummy.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your recent review on your visit to The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the tricky start due to a problem with the water, but hope that the complimentary upgrade to one of our Luxury Suites helped resolve this matter for you and enjoyed relaxing in The Lytham Suite . I am delighted you enjoyed our award winning bistro especially breakfast. I hope to welcome you once again. Kindest regards Damian Dugdale.
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wanted a hotel for my girlfriend and I for Valentine's Weekend and this place looked ideal. When I booked it there was only one room left (family room) for £180. On arriving the lady (who was extremely friendly and helpful) on the desk advised that there'd been a cancellation and offered the room to us for £120 - it was an upgrade and had a bath and saved us £60....great start!

We went to the Bar/Bistro for a few drinks in the afternoon which was very nice, before getting back to the room - it was perfect, lovely big room, flat screen tv, ample wardrobe area and an immaculate bathroom.

We then went back to the Bar/Bistro area for dinner, which was great, slightly let down by the starter (the mussels were small - that's my only complaint!), but was more than made up for by the main and then the dessert was the superb - a deconstructed Bakewell Tart, possibly the best dessert I've tasted.

In the morning after a great nights sleep we went to breakfast - as you can imagine we weren't disappointed, I had Full English & my partner had smoked salmon & eggs (all in with the room charge). There's also a lovely continental spread including freshly squeezed fruit juices.

We will be visiting again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am so pleased you had such a great stay with us from start to finish. Our aim is to look after our guests to the highest of standaards and fabulous we achieved this for you. I hope you have fond and special memories of your time with us and hope to welcome you once again in the not too distant furture. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

the rooms are fantastic baths sized well and so relaxing great modern showers clean simple but lots of luxury. lovely views and atmosphere. caroline on reception went out of her way to provide great service and made sure we were happy. lovely little getaway. only criticism is the bistro we arein our early 20s but probably look younger and felt a treated a bit erm how do i say like the bar man (dont know if he was manager was in shirt and trousers) looked down his nose at us a bit but the food was lovely and the waiters and waitresses were great just thought they'd chat a bit more be a bit more welcoming just didnt relax as much as id of liked while eating. warm and cosy in the bistro you do forget the outside world a bit! the breakfast has lots of choice but really does need beans on the menu everything else is to dry on its own. good room service. but had a lovely overnight stay be good if checkout was later lol :)

Room Tip: loved room being on ground floor cant see no point in balconys as its just double doors with a guard...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking to time to write your review. I am delighted that you chose the Peak Edge Hotel at the Red Lion for your romantic getaway and enjoyed the relaxing bedrooms, baths and picturesque views. We welcome guests of all ages here and sad to hear that you was made to feel uncomforatble. I have certainly addressed this issue and would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise for this., but grateful for your feedback. I hope to welcome you once again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

So. Our first encounter with peak edge was in January 2013. Since then we've been back a dozen times, staying the night twice .

We've booked our wedding here and in the midst of all the pre wedding stress the one thing I know I can depend on absolutely for my big day is the high standard set by the team here.

The food is beautiful, the location is stunning, the rooms .... Beautiful, the service, which was amazing when we first visited has if possible only got better. Nothing is too much for them. We turned up last night for a wedding meal tasting evening with no plans to stay, but we couldn't resist. As a result we had no toothbrushes or anything. Despite being last minute the lady at reception found us a " survival pack" of robes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deoderant and shaving gear.

These guys lead the way in customer service, they're all friendly, knowledgeable and would do anything to help out.

I love this place... If I had the money I'd be there every single night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I am delighted to receive your amazing review. I am so pleased that each stay has been fantastic and that you regard we lead the way in customer service. Fabulous that you have booked your very special wedding day also, your day will be incredibly memorable. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments and look forward to welcming you once again very soon. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had travelled up from the Isle of Wight to spend some time with my elderly mother but really needed a bit of an escape and we certainly got it at this lovely Hotel. We were greeted in such a lovely manner and shown to a fabulous peaceful and spacious room with a lake view. Everything was taken into account and the little things that normally irritate me about Hotels ( like having to ask for an iron !) were all present. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows divine.
We were welcomed into the bar and sat by a glorious open fire. We were warned it was busy and we wouldn't be able to eat until 9pm but we were very comfortable and this didn't matter to us. There were a few choices on the menu that had sold out but in fact what we ate was absolutely delicious so this didn't alter our enjoyment of the meal.
The staff were all excellent, efficient and caring
Breakfast was a treat with all sorts of lovely fresh goodies and my boiled eggs were perfect (often not achieved in Hotels !)
We will definitly be back as often as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a peaceful lake view with little balcony as these have lovely views and are away from the ro...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us recently on your travels from the Isle of Man to visit your elderley mother. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including my fabulous staff, the hotel facilities including your lakeside view and the delicious food served in our Award Winning Bistro. I hope that you will return once again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonedge
Casa Hotel
Old Hall
#3 of 9 in Buxton
The Morley Hayes Hotel
BEST WESTERN Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Peak Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!