All reviewsred lionpeak districtdressing areahaggiswalk in showerfirst classwedding plannerhigh standardopen fireseparate showerwet roomsuperior roomlovely hotelthe pubevening mealbeautiful countrysideboth nights
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Attended a wedding at this hotel and really can't fault it. Everything from the friendliness of the staff to the food, to the way the event was run and the general organisation of the hotel were spot on.

The place itself is a great location too with nice views over the peaks and the place has a general airy, modern feeling about it, with a nice mix of the older traditional side in the bistro/bar area.

As for the bedrooms, ours was literally the best hotel room we have ever stayed in! Amazing! Huge, comfortable bed, big flat screen TV on the wall, really modern decoration and clean with what felt like lots of space compared to anywhere else I've stayed. Same with the bathroom, massive bath and walk-in wet-room style separate shower, even had under-floor heating!

We will definitely aim to return at some point and would definitely recommend it as a venue for weddings to people we know.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adamcobb
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

I would like to thank you for your fantastic review and that you regard your stay as faultless. I am delighted that you had such a fabulous and memorable time at the Wedding you attended. I would be pleased to welcome you once again in the future to The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion Bistro. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't want this review to appear overly negative. It is a good value hotel with a decent restaurant. It could however, make small improvements to become excellent. I have stayed here twice.
Room - nice countryside view and good size. Very clean and reasonable water and biscuits extras. Not enough power sockets - hard to use the iron and ironing board. Same re hair dryer.
Meal - first bottle of Chablis was off. I insisted they taste to confirm. Which to be fair they did. Food was good but I think it was overly ambitious. Less is often more in terms of quality when it comes to the size of the menu. 2 scallops for £8 for a starter is a bit steep. The kedgeree risotto was fine but too many things fighting for space on one plate. Breakfast was poor. Tasteless scrambled egg and warm smoked salmon.
To end on a more positive note, front of house excellent. Nice location and good views. I will return when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ashfield11

Thank you for leaving your review and pleased that overall you had a good experience with us. I have addressed the issues that you have raised with all relevant departments. I value all feedback and it is impiortant that I do receive honest reviews. I do hope to welcome you once again when you are next in the area. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We found the two nights in our spacious well appointed room with a comfortable bed a welcome relief. The wide corridors and sense of space added to this. The views from the bedrooms show
a pond, bridge and unspoilt countryside with wagtails instead of traffic noise. The restaurant at the adjoining Red Lion served a varied choice ( not too much ) of food wines which did not break the bank.The staff were enthusiastic and predominantly young an there were enough of them to provide a fine service. We visited Chatsworth which was within six miles on quiet roads. We are recommending the hotel to our friends and yourselves.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same fine rural view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I am delighted that you had a perfect stay with us recently and enjoyed so many aspects of The Peak Edge Hotel and our Red Lion Bistro. I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving your valuable review. We hope to welcome you once again, kindest regards, Damian Dugdale, Hotel Owner.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our stay at the quality Peak Edge Hotel was really nice, it is situated in the countryside above Chesterfield, just a few minutes away, and we found it a an ideal place to chill and relax in the comfort the hotel offers. Staff here are well chosen for their affable nature and keeness to assist, well done to the owners for obviously committing to such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving your lovely review on your recent stay at The Peak Edge Hotel. I am delighted that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay and that you was impressed with the Hotel and lovely staff that I am fortunate to have. We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale, Hotel Owner.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband took me to this hotel for a night as a treat as we hadn't been away for a while, and what a treat it was! Everything was lovely. The room was gorgeous and the view from our window was beautiful. We arrived at the hotel at around 5.00 pm on the evening of our stay, right in the middle of a huge down pour of rain, but the hotel still looked well presented and inviting. The staff who welcomed us were lovely even though we were dripping rain water all over the nicely polished reception floor. They showed us to our room which was amazing and offered to reserve us a table for dinner, but we had already got one booked. We settled into our room, I particularly enjoyed the complimentary toiletries which were so good I have since bought some to use at home. We dined in the restaurant which was amazing and enjoyed a few cocktails in the bar. The waiters were very accommodating when I requested the change the ingredients of some of the cocktails. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had a very good nights sleep. The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant, and I was amazed with the choice of things to eat for breakfast, there was so much attention to detail. Overall we had a lovely stay and I would not hesitate to use this hotel again for a special occasion. I would most certainly recommend a stay here to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel with a lovely view of a pond.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your fantastic review on your recent stay. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay and for your kind comments on your stay here. I would be delighted to welcome you back to The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion and would like to thank you in advance for all your future recommendations. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.