All reviewsred lionpeak districtdressing areahaggiswalk in showerfirst classwedding plannerhigh standardopen fireseparate showerwet roomsuperior roomlovely hotelthe pubevening mealbeautiful countrysideboth nights
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed just the one night to visit Chatsworth House, which is very near. The hotel is quite new and the rooms are spacious, well-equipped and very comfortable. The front of house staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and similarly in the adjoining pub we were well looked after and the food was great. Good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JPresh
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted to read that you had a fantstic stay and that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, hotel amenities, comfort of the rooms and The Red Lion Bistro. I am pleased that you chose The Peak Edge Hotel for your visit to Chatsworth House, as we are so close for The House and for the surrounding areas. We do hope to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for higly recommending us. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here as part of a wedding party on the 12th of August. I shared room 203 (twin bed room) with my little brother. FOR THE PUBLIC... This is a fantastic new hotel with 2 great front of house managers who will go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable. The amenities are very modern and functional. The location is excellent giving easy access down some fantastically wild country lanes to the major sites of interest. TO THE MANAGERS... Thanks for making us all feel so welcome. Just a few things to look at. I forgot my toothbrush and there was not one provided in the room. I nearly smashed the shower cubicle door with the shower head by opening it inwards. It really could do with a latch so it only opens outwards, the shower area also needs a threshold as water did come under the door into the bathroom and finally I thought the twin beds were a little too close together. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic and comfortable stay as part of the Wedding Party, location is excellent, and that you was made to feel so very welcome during your celebrations and stay. I would like to thank you for your valuable comments regarding the shower door, twin beds and the shower water. These issues have been discussed with each relevant department. Regarding toothbrushes, we always stock a supply of travel toothbrush packs at Reception. We do hope to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

A three night break in the Peak district and staying at this hotel. It`s in a nice quiet location but easy to find. Very close to Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall (both worth visiting but very different). Room was a good size, comfortable and spotless. Despite wedding receptions being held there on each of our three nights, there was no noticeable noise at any time. The Red Lion Pub and Bistro (more like a restaurant) next door was excellent. The menu was quite small but the food was innovative and skillfully prepared and presented - well done chefs ! Service was friendly and attentive. The only minor comment would be that it`s quite dark in some areas. The whole place had a really nice atmosphere which I feel came from the attitude of the staff. A lot of hotels could learn from the way this hotel is run. I would definitely recommend staying and eating here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valuable feeback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable 3 night break at The Peak Edge Hotel. Its such a fantastic place to stay to explore such historic housed such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Renishaw Hall, plus the most stunning beauty spots: Monsal Head, Curbar Edge, Bakewell and Derwent Valley to name but a few. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Hotel facilites, Bistro, and our wonderful staff. I hope to welcome you again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous place. Found it by accident and assumed it would be far too expensive for a mini mid-weel break. Stayed two nights with my parents and boyfriend and it was very reasonable despite the whole place being build and decorated to a very high and quality standard. Bedrooms have a lovely dressing area leading to en-suite with walk-in rainfall shower. Foyer and communal areas of hotel have been beautifully finished off - modern boutique but cosy and homely at the same time. Hotel and bistro staff were so lovely that I wanted to give up my full time job and go work there! Adjoining Red Lion pub/bistro has been beautifully decorated/designed. It's cosy, rustic, full of original features with well-stocked bar and an imaginative and scrummy menu. Outside areas are gorgeous and would be lovely on a summer's evening or for a wedding. Staff were clearly setting up fr at least two weddings the week we were there. Ten mins drive from Chatsworth, fifteen/twenty from Matlock. Absolutely faultless. Quite fancy going back for the New Year's Eve Party!

Room Tip: We looked out to the lake which was lovely. Some rooms (more expensive) had Juliet balconies. Love the facft that they can loan hair straighteners to guests! No need to take your own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline N

Thank you so very much for the time you have taken to write your wonderful 'First' review and truly honoured you felt compleld to do so. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with your boyfriend and parents and really value your fabulous feedback and kind comments. We have just launced our New Years Eve Gala Night, and it would be fantastic to welcome you again on such a very special evening. Kindest reagrds Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having eaten at the Red Lion Pub and Bistro which adjoins the Peak Edge Hotel my husband and I decided this may be a good venue for our daughter's wedding. Throughout the planning process we were supported by wedding planners, duties on the day carried out by Sam who is the most professional, dedicated, friendly and caring person you would wish to meet.
The wedding, which took place Sunday 11th August 2013 was perfect in every detail. The staff are attentive and friendly and we felt our daughter's special day was important to them. The food was beautiful throughout. Thanks Peak Edge for making our whole day perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your absolutely wonderful review. I am truly delighted that you experienced the most perfect day for your Daughters very special Wedding Day and thank you sincerely for your kind comments regarding Sam, our very talented, caring and devoted Wedding Co-Ordinator. Its is our absolute pleasure to work exceptionally hard and care for you and the wedding party. We know that you will have very special, precious and everlasting memories of your time with us and we do hope to welcome you all once again in the very near future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.