All reviewsred lionpeak districtdressing areahaggisfirst classwalk in showerwedding plannerhigh standardopen fireseparate showerwet roomsuperior roomlovely hotelthe pubevening mealboth nightsbeautiful countryside
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A three night break in the Peak district and staying at this hotel. It`s in a nice quiet location but easy to find. Very close to Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall (both worth visiting but very different). Room was a good size, comfortable and spotless. Despite wedding receptions being held there on each of our three nights, there was no noticeable noise at any time. The Red Lion Pub and Bistro (more like a restaurant) next door was excellent. The menu was quite small but the food was innovative and skillfully prepared and presented - well done chefs ! Service was friendly and attentive. The only minor comment would be that it`s quite dark in some areas. The whole place had a really nice atmosphere which I feel came from the attitude of the staff. A lot of hotels could learn from the way this hotel is run. I would definitely recommend staying and eating here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your valuable feeback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable 3 night break at The Peak Edge Hotel. Its such a fantastic place to stay to explore such historic housed such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Renishaw Hall, plus the most stunning beauty spots: Monsal Head, Curbar Edge, Bakewell and Derwent Valley to name but a few. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Hotel facilites, Bistro, and our wonderful staff. I hope to welcome you again in the future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous place. Found it by accident and assumed it would be far too expensive for a mini mid-weel break. Stayed two nights with my parents and boyfriend and it was very reasonable despite the whole place being build and decorated to a very high and quality standard. Bedrooms have a lovely dressing area leading to en-suite with walk-in rainfall shower. Foyer and communal areas of hotel have been beautifully finished off - modern boutique but cosy and homely at the same time. Hotel and bistro staff were so lovely that I wanted to give up my full time job and go work there! Adjoining Red Lion pub/bistro has been beautifully decorated/designed. It's cosy, rustic, full of original features with well-stocked bar and an imaginative and scrummy menu. Outside areas are gorgeous and would be lovely on a summer's evening or for a wedding. Staff were clearly setting up fr at least two weddings the week we were there. Ten mins drive from Chatsworth, fifteen/twenty from Matlock. Absolutely faultless. Quite fancy going back for the New Year's Eve Party!

Room Tip: We looked out to the lake which was lovely. Some rooms (more expensive) had Juliet balconies. Love the facft that they can loan hair straighteners to guests! No need to take your own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline N
Peakedgehotel, Owner at Peak Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you so very much for the time you have taken to write your wonderful 'First' review and truly honoured you felt compleld to do so. I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay with your boyfriend and parents and really value your fabulous feedback and kind comments. We have just launced our New Years Eve Gala Night, and it would be fantastic to welcome you again on such a very special evening. Kindest reagrds Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having eaten at the Red Lion Pub and Bistro which adjoins the Peak Edge Hotel my husband and I decided this may be a good venue for our daughter's wedding. Throughout the planning process we were supported by wedding planners, duties on the day carried out by Sam who is the most professional, dedicated, friendly and caring person you would wish to meet.
The wedding, which took place Sunday 11th August 2013 was perfect in every detail. The staff are attentive and friendly and we felt our daughter's special day was important to them. The food was beautiful throughout. Thanks Peak Edge for making our whole day perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your absolutely wonderful review. I am truly delighted that you experienced the most perfect day for your Daughters very special Wedding Day and thank you sincerely for your kind comments regarding Sam, our very talented, caring and devoted Wedding Co-Ordinator. Its is our absolute pleasure to work exceptionally hard and care for you and the wedding party. We know that you will have very special, precious and everlasting memories of your time with us and we do hope to welcome you all once again in the very near future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Travelled as a party of two adults and a baby. Rooms are a great size, plenty of space for travel system etc. Loved the seperate dressing area which led to the sizable bathroom, with fantastic facilities. Staff were fantastic and so helpful.
Booked in for dinner at the attached Bistro and whilst they are trying really hard it's not quite there yet, however, all in all good.
Breakfast which was included was really excellent and there was an excellent selection, particularly loved the bubbly on offer.... nice touch!
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to the Peak District. I hope to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to read your recent review and for the time you have taken to write. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and glad you found your room spacious, especially travelling with a baby, travel cot, baby bags, suitcases etc. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff who are so helpful, friendly and really work hard at making our guests feel very well looked after and cared for. We hope to welcome you again in the future and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for any future recommendations. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I chose The Peak Edge Hotel for a business trip stop over for Derby. As I followed the Sat Nav down some seriously twist country roads I began to regret this choice (found a better route back via Chesterfield). Chatsworth, if you are a tourist, is nearby.

The Hotel itself is kind of middle of nowhere, large car park, 'modern' stone wall facade. I was intrigued as an astronomer by the Telescope in reception, I think this would be a reasonable dark sky location - unfortunately I had cloud cover for my stay. Rooms are what I call 'Business Modern', which is not in itself a criticism, it means comfortable, modern, good TV, good WiFi, decent bathroom (but slightly soulless, a criticism which time may cure).

But here is the thing:- I was dubious about paying £35 for a Bistro meal in the Red Lion, but I am so glad I did. Best meal I have had in 20 years, which is going some. Bloody hell - I want to go back there today, just for the Bistro !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank damist38

I am delighted that you chose The Peak Edge Hotel at The Red Lion for your recent stop over whilst on business and I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We do offer first class facilites for corporate stays with modern and comfortable facilities. We have recently wond our 4* AA rating and our Bistro which you enjoyed so much and " the best meal in 20 years" has just won its first Rosette. Both of which we are all very proud of. We do hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Damian Dugdale