“Sunday Lunch with wine”

TJs Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Benijofar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional English resturant located in the heart of Benijofar! Why not come down and join us for some old school english favourites? #amazingfoodamazingprices
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have visited TJs on a few occasions and have always found the food good and at a fair price. But we visited this Sunday for lunch and when ask if we could exchange the wine for soft drinks was refused, we then asked if we could order soft drinks and take the wine with us, again refused. Sorry John saying we could take the wine just isn't true. I was amazed with the amount of competition in the area and us being the only people seated at the time some kind of compromise wasn't offered. Strange rule with the cauliflower cheese!! Can only have it if you've booked a table. We went to Stan and Ollies at El Razo was given the choice, we had soft drinks and was refunded the cost of the wine.
Seems simple

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (161)

Reviewed September 8, 2019

We were a party of 4 booked for Sunday lunch...overall the lunch and choice was very good at €10.50 However there is an issue that needs addressing, ok, the price of lunch includes a bottle of red, white or Rose wine for two people..good yes ! But the hidden sting is you are not told that only wine is included when you order drinks ! so unlike most places where another drink option is included if you’re not a wine drinker, you’re now paying extra if you don’t drink wine ! So now you’ve paid €10.50 without the bottle of wine, obviously this is where the profit is made...clever I must say ! So my advice is always have the wine as you’ve paid for it....take it home....and just buy yourself another drink to go with the meal !

Date of visit: August 2019
tejuvic, Owner at TJs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

You are quite welcome to have your wine and take it home. I am not in the business of people thinking that they are being tucked up. The sunday lunch menu only says half bottle of wine i do not hide that fact JOHN

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Just been to TJ's and had a breakfast, very nice, good sausage good portions, nice staff easy parking

Date of visit: August 2019
tiavictoria22, Public Relations Manager at TJs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Thank you Mark, glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

Been here a few times now whilst visiting Quesada.
Food is always freshly cooked, and breakfasts are worth the money, friendly staff, especially the posh talking lady, sorry cant remember her name.

The only big problem with this place is bingo days, typical English.
They make it quite clear your sitting in their lucky chairs, and make it Quite known to you,
For one, if I'm sitting eating my breakfast, I dont want you hovering around me waiting for me to finish, and keep doing it and I will sit there even longer, you will not budge me, if you dont like it, TUFF .. i will leave when I'm ready, not when you think im ready. Other than that, it isnt the best, but it is fresh and it's good value for money, whether you have a breakfast or a Sunday lunch. And a place where you can get a lot of the real English chocolate and sweets.
But watch the bill, weve had bits added on that we didnt have.. but point them out it's always a mistake .. and they apologise, which is fair enough.. overall value for money..

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

Tried this place for a change nice place food was ok just thought it was a bit pricey would still go back though

Date of visit: July 2019