“Something Really Special !”
Review of La Cata

La Cata
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Benijofar
Cuisines: Japanese, Spanish, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International cuisine with a Scandinavian touch.Our Swedish Chef with more than 40 years experience makes the best steaks, lamb and fish in the area (and much more).
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Having eaten at La Cata twice following their amazing wine tasting evenings I had to take my partner for a meal. To say she was impressed would be the understatement of the year. I can safely say that David, Peter and the team have lifted the quality of fine dining in the area. Both David and Peter are dedicated to their roles of wine expert and high quality chef to the point where you do not feel you are in a small Spanish village but more like a high quality restaurant in the middle of London. Top dining that doesn't break the bank.
Needless to say we will be returning with friends and family on many occasions though I must say that as time goes by and more people discover this 'diamond' we will be booking further in advance.

1  Thank Stewart B
There are newer reviews for La Cata

Reviewed November 7, 2012

After reading the amazingly over the top reviews,i decided to give it a go.I went with an open mind considering this spanish restaurant didnt appear to offer spanish dining according to the reviews.Anyway,was disappointed,possibly because of the hype,far to pretentious and in your face.Didnt like the hovering over the table while eating,nor the been there done it attitude of the owner!?

5  Thank mags6547
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had visited the Bodega previously and liked their wines. The owner, David, not only knows his wines but is passionate about them. And now he has been joined by Peter a superb chef who has worked in top class restaurants. From the time we arrived we were treated as if we were the only ones in the place. As we were celebrating we went all out and probably had the most expensive specials on the menu. The attention to detail was second to none - I had the pan fried scallops which was accompanied with chicken wings with the bones removed! I then had John Dory with crab crushed potatoes with languistine and saffron beurre blanc - pure heaven. We asked David to recommend wine by the glass for each of our starters but we liked the red recommended to accompany my partner's risotto so much that we all chose that for our mains - it was one of David's own wine and as he had only a couple of bottles left we quickly reserved them. Peter, David and the waitress Maria each took the time to chat to us and answer the many questions we had. It was much more than a meal out it was a unique dining experience which we look forward to repeating many times over.The bar man was charming and very easy on the eye but alas they didn't serve Pacharan (my favorite) or tonica light for my friend's gin - two very minor things which were quickly forgotten when we got our menus .

2  Thank MaMiPaCo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would go so far as to say that this is one of the finest eating experiences that i have ever experienced. We have eaten here on four occasions over the last three weeks and every meal was superb with great service, outstanding cooking by an obviously dedicated, talented chef and an owner who is quite clearly a knowledgeable wine buff. The prices take your breath away they are so reasonable!
I should add that we eat out every night whilst in this area and a couple of times a week in uk so do have a little knowledge.
We will go back until we have "been through the menu"! And then go back again.

1  Thank rex r
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had gone out for a late morning walk and spotted the Bodega had a walk round and decided to have lunch at La Cata a fantastic lunch.
We then booked a table for that evening, Dinner was fantastic the attention to detail is beyond words we felt we could have been the only diners yet not one empty table.
When the bill came I said it was to cheap and wanted to pay more fine food and fine wine great value.
Will be back in 2 weeks