“I am done with this place...”

Bolgen og Moi Food Garage og Bistro
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sandvika
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sandefjord, Norway
“I am done with this place...”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The restaurant is in a busy mall, and if you want something other than the typical fast food chain, this is about the only option. So I keep dropping in here once in a while, but every time I leave asking my self "why bother?"

Service is not the best, very unattentive staff, after you have placed your order and waited for a long time, they drop of the food, and you don´t see them again until you have made several attempts to get their attention for the check...

My last visit was just before Christmas, it was a busy day at the mall, and the restaurant was full. The waitress told us to wait just a few minutes, and she would seat us, as someone was just about to pay and leave. We waited, they left, and she said, "sorry, I forgot, there was already someone else waiting for that table, but I am sure there will soon be a new table available". We waited a little bit more and then was seated. I only ordered a coke, my husband an omelette. We waited for 20-25 minutes for the omelette.... In the meantime another customer throw a fit at the waitress, as she had waited for 40 minutes just to get some bread and aioli. It was quite disturbing to witness...

After the meal, which my husband found OK we managed to get the check from the stone faced waitress, and just left.

This place is probably trying to benefit from the good reputation of Bølgen&Moi, but don´t be fooled, even if the food is adequate enough for a mall restaurant, the service is well below what you can expect.

I need to remind myself next time I need a convenient place to eat at the mall not to go here!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Vestfoldgirl

Oslo
“Too expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a quick dinner with my wife when shopping. We both had moules frites. The mussels and sauce was good. The fries was cold, the table was sticky and the restaurant was dirty. We had to ask for the aioli the was coming with the dish. The meal was way too expensive for what we got.

• Visited July 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Too expensive to be just avarage”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food and menu is just avarage. So is the service.
The waiters are inattentive and you have to wait too long for the meal.
The restaurant is in a shopping mall and you can't bring a stroller to the restaurant.
Bolgen og Moi should deliver better quality and a food experience than this!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank TranFamilyNorway
Sandefjord, Norway
“OK mall restaurant”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A restaurant with a modern design in a busy shopping mall.
The menu had a variety of selections. One time I had a nice curry chicken soup, and the last time I was there I tried the hamburger. The food is good, though nothing over the top.
The waiters are friendly, though did not ask us whether we wanted more to drink once we had finished the drinks. Neither did they ask us whether we wanted to order dessert and coffee when we had finished the meal, so not very attentive.

My daughter asked for a doggie bag for the remains of her meal, and that was no problem at all (it is not customary in Norway to bring the leftovers with you from the restaurant).

I think it is quite pricy for what you get, but it reflects the price level in Norway. USD 60 for a burger, small pizza and 2 sodas.

I think everyone would be able to find something they like on the menu, and they have various specials of the day.

• Visited December 2012