Review Highlights
Must do

Reviewed yesterday
Nikki B
via mobile
An experience I will never forget

Reviewed 2 days ago
wstycoon
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile

1,397 results
All reviews the bus hiking shoes bucket list two hours mountain lodge preikestolen fjellstue avoid the crowds take your time early in the morning parking lot worth the effort great hike hour hike bring water starting point amazing views be careful
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

One of the best experiences of my life. Very hard walk up over rocky terrain stunning scenery all the way up and just breathtaking when you get to the top. Well worth every step

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Majestic views of Lysefjord. Hard to paint the views in words. It’s just stunning. Took me about 4 hours to do a round trip starting from the car park at the base. Could be shorter in dry season. Bring more energy bars. Wear proper outdoor gears as the rocks could be slippery especially on rainy days. Lastly, don’t forget your lens. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Nice walk, with delicate slopes. It took 3.5 hours to go back and forth, considering eating, selfing and resting as well. I saw several families with kids, meaning that it is really an easy walk. I would just recommend to wear waterproof clothes with uncertain weather and if you haven’t, you can rent it at the restaurant down at the parking lot. I did the Kjerag as well, difference is that the view is better here on the pulpit but the hike is a bit tough on the Kjerag side (proper shoes are important).

1  Thank 621dantes
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a wonderful experience. A must do for certain. We took the first ferry from Stavanger (with rental car) at 6.30am. Missed a lot of the crowds going up - good idea if you are quite fit as you can get into a groove and just go. Coming down we passed all the tourist bus arrivals and you have to wait in some narrow places for people to pass. But that’s okay because it’s better to take your time going down and look at the gorgeous views!!
Take water to drink and snacks/lunch for the top. Jelly babies have never tasted so good!
Wear proper shoes, I kid you not we saw people in fashion/business shoes. People also carried babies/toddlers - not sure if they intended to go the whole way but I wouldn’t advise that at all. It’s a pretty tough hike up.(and I’m quite fit)
People also took dogs. Great to share with your furry child but please take into account the age of your dog and their fitness. We saw some really struggling.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Preikestolen was probably the best thing I saw during my holiday in Norway. We started the ascent around 5pm which meant that most of the crowds were descending. Since we went in May, the days were long and so it was still bright when we got to the top. At the top there were only a few people about and we managed to get some fantastic views.
Would recommend some proper shoes (i.e trainers/ hiking boots) and don't underestimate how much water you need and there's not much shade.
If I remember correctly, the parking was around 200 kr.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Arranged trip on line using airbus from Sola airport to centre Stavanger. Qualifies for 10% discount!

Ferry Stavanger to Tau then bus to activity park all like clockwork!

1,40 minute strenuous walk 3,8km to Pulpit Rock excellent views once at the top then another 1,40 minutes back down.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I saw very different comments about the hike to Preikestolen and honestly you could rate it from zero to ten, it all depends on you. Well there are a hell of a lot people running (or stumble) up that hill but it is special, even if for several hundreds a day. I would not be happy to leave norway without visiting it, but I need it only once! But as for a good reason, some usefull advices if you wanna go there:
# be prepared for bad weather (rain cloth is mandatory)
# be prepared for bad hike, take good, really good hiking shoes. I mean proper hiking boots, water resist, tough sole
# take some food
# take some water
# take your time, go earlier, also there are less people stumbling up so its easier to go, 9/ latest 10 am is nice. Don't go too late, after 4 pm you need to be fit and fast
# it takes if your are fast 2 hours up and nearly the same down, the hike is rough, lot of huge stairs and rocks to walk above, so you should be fit

I'm a big guy and you can make it, its not easy and normally I got no trouble with hikes, but this one is not so, lets say comfortable as hikes in the alps. If you are older or not so fit, just take your time, so go early and be prepared!

1  Thank langweiler22
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did the mandatory trip to Preikestolen in mid-July 2018. We got there by car, a short one-hour drive. From Stavanger centre go south to Kristiansand. Then no 13 to Høle where you need to catch a ferry which will get you over to Oanes. You continue road no 13, and will see signs to Preikestolen, which will guide you to a car parking - where you need to pay 200 Nkr. If you decide to come in the afternoon, 16 o'clock or later, you probably can park for free. I didn't see any guards there at that time.

Before you start walking, bring a rucksack, with a food and water, dry clothes and a jacket. Hiking shoes is necessary, no high heels or Nikes.

We started walking noon, and got to the "chair" in about 80 minutes. Be prepared to walk in a queue.

Preikestolen is mindblowing, and yes, it is the same as in Mission Impossible where Tom Cruise does his stunts.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For sure one of the top 10 sights to see while in Norway which I truly recommend. The hike itself is full of wonderful views and it is not such a big effort if you follow the path. If heaven is a place on Earth, this would be it :)

1  Thank AlecsN1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a long weekend in Stavanger to do this hike. It was very busy and there are lack of buses from the ferry terminal to the start of the hike. One particular female driver was really rude. I think they should provide buses with more frequency timetable. Especially after a long hike and having to stand in the bus for 20 minutes on the way back to the ferry terminal was not a pleasant experience. Otherwise the hike was amazing. Plenty of photo opportunities and it was worth the trip!