“I love Panera, but this one needs a lot of work.”
Review of Panera Bread

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Panera Bread
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Berlin
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Panera is one of my favorite restaurants, so, I was very excited to see one open so close. I order the same (simple) sandwich every time, and every other location I have been to gets it correct. I have tried this one in the drive-thru, eat-in and carry-out to go, and every time it is a debacle to order and then the food is never correct. I don't understand the new policy of not being able to create your own sandwich. They make you pick a premade one off the menu (even if it is not at all close to the one you actually want) and then they take all the stuff you don't want off and add all the stuff you do want. As you can imagine, this gets list in translation on the way to the kitchen and it always comes out wrong. You always used to be able to just make your own sandwich. The macaroni and cheese (which is terrific and always the same at other locations) continues to taste "odd" and have a weird texture here. I went and sat in the dining room for lunch on a recent busy Friday and there was no one busing the dirty dishes, causing piles and piles of them to be overflowing on the trash can and then others just left on tables so one did not know if it was an open and available table. I will say that I am very disappointed in this location and will be swearing off it. Will have to wait until my next trip out of town to enjoy Panera instead of having it in my own backyard.

1  Thank vt229

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have visited Panera in many other states and am so glad to have one here in Vermont! My favorite is the Fuji apple chicken salad, but everything is very good.