“Great place to stay”

The Swan Inn Woolpit
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Woolpit
Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar, International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, UK
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a family wedding in Suffolk. Family group of 10 had dinner on the Friday night which was lovely. The ambience was great and Jonny and his serving staff whilst busy were very polite and efficient. Breakfast was absolutely magnificent. Two mornings we had full English breakfast made from excellent local products. The last morning we had continental breakfast which was equally as good. We stayed in Room 1 in the converted barn which was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The wall garden behind is beautiful and lovely to relax in. The centre of Woolpit itself is lovely with a beautiful Church, a wonderful Gift Shop where you can buy everything and a lovely Coffee Shop. All in all a great weekend. PS - we have booked to stay at The Swan again at the end of July!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank NandP

• Turkish first
Minneapolis
“Throughly enjoyable meal!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Swan was recommended to me by the owners of the Drinkstone B&B. It was very easy to find, parking was easily accessible on the street and the service was very good.

The menu is written on blackboards around the walls of the restaurant. As my eyesight isn't the best, I felt a bit awkward staring above the heads of other diners trying to figure out what was written (I wish they had something printed out.) I realize this might be because their menu changes, but it was nicely displayed and you had many choices to choose from.

While they have an extensive wine and beer offerings, I had hoped for more variety for the wines. The glass I had was very nice and a compliment to my meal. I choose a fish entrée with a chile/lime sauce versus the hollandaise, which was great. I appreciated their willingness to change the menu to accommodate their guests preference; so nice to see in a restaurant. I had hoped to have a fresh salad to accompany my meal, but none was offered on the menu. I think that would have been a nice addition to their daily menu.

As others have noted, their prices are above average, but the quality is certainly worth it. I look forward to eating at the Swan again and having another enjoyable meal.

• Visited May 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and staff”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Popped in here for a meal after being let down by the state of the bull inn Woolpit, we were greeted by smartly dressed staff who were only to happy to find us a table, we then had 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine and 2 of the best tasting 2 course meals we have ever had and all for less than £50. loved this classy restaurant so much we will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Stephen H
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wonderful starter and best chocolate brownie!

Decor very interesting, our waitress had the whole floor on her own with a few big tables but managed to keep her cool, impressed with the whole place

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Roxy G
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“best food ever”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I must say that I have eaten here for the last week and every meal has been amazing . I would say one of the best ever meals i've ever had . I would well recommend this pub for all occasions for the food, atmosphere and price . we are off there again today as we know the food will be superb..

• Visited March 2014