“A Nice Evening”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Woolpit
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely food, good service. Could do with a bit of a refresh, especially the toilets. Overall we enjoyed a pleasant evening meal. The pub is situated in a beautiful village with a stunning church which is well worth a visit in its own right.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have eaten here quite a few times and always been very happy with what I have had. The menu is quite limited but that means that what they do, they do to an excellent standard.
The food is delicious and hot, the sevice warm and friendly and the dining area very nicely decorated.
The desserts are to die for, home made and absolutley delicious.
You have to try this pub it is excellent and well worth the money.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recommended by the Drinkstone Park B & B. Some confusion over the time of our booking when we arrived but quickly sorted out. Given a lovely table by the roaring log fire but had to move withing 5 minutes as 'too' warm. Again this was no problem. Staff very friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. Selection and quality of food and local beers and ales very good. Enjoyed it so much visted again the next night. Would use again if in this area.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A warm welcome here. The staff are friendly, interesting and helpful. Its a slow pub so don't expect fast food! Locally sourced ingredients provide an interesting menu. The food was excellent. The Southwold Brewery Beers are very good. It was all so good we went back a second time. We will go again when next in Suffolk

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten at the Swan on a number of occasions but after my meal this evening felt compelled to write my first ever review on Trip Adviser.
We had a lovely warm welcome from the staff and the log fire. The pub was surprisingly busy for a cold Tuesday night and we enjoyed a nice atmosphere while pondering the blackboard menu. What a choice!
I decided on the lamb burger with tzatziki.
When the meal arrived (while enjoying a rather lovely Chilean Sauvignon) I was delighted. A minature Greek salad, tasty open lamb burger with a home made tzatziki, lovely chilli relish and skinny fries, Oh and don't forget the onion rings. I am a reasonable cook myself and often find eating out can be disappointing but I was left wanting more and would highly recommend an evening out at the Woolpit Swan... Will be back soon.

2  Thank Tora G