“Lovely fod”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Woolpit
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Four of us had a lovely meal at The Swan a few weeks ago. I had made a mistake about food which wouldn't be on the menu until the next day (didn't read the advert properly) when I asked about it the chef came out and offered to prepare it for me. Great service, reasonable prices fantastic fresh food what more could you ask for.

There are newer reviews for The Swan Inn Woolpit

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first visit to the Swan and the moment we entered the pub we were greated by smiles from the girls behind the bar.
The ambience was lovely with plenty of noise (but not too much), open fires, and spacious well layed out seating. The building is old and the decor is simple, which makes it perfect.
I'm never sure about reading a menu off a blackboard because I feel I maybe interrupting other diners conversation but thats where it is, on the wall. It's has plenty of choice to satisfy most people. We shared a starter of mushrooms with black pudding which was delicious, followed by steak and kidney pie for my partner and lamb burgers for me. All the dishes were simple but tasty and I was more than happy with that.
The service remained superb throughout and the bill made the meal good value for money.
Highly recommended country pub!

1  Thank Shaun T
Reviewed March 1, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Swan Inn in Woolpit a couple of weekends ago. The rooms were very warm, welcoming and comfortable on a freezing night. Jonny couldn't have been more helpful with the arrangements and the staff were equally generous with their time and effort to ensure all went smoothly. We had dinner on Sat night - very good, freshly cooked and breakfast was fab. Sussex to Suffolk is a bit of a hike but would recommend to anyone who lives in the area or wants to visit. Good pub.

1  Thank BobsterWestSussex
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently spent a wonderful evening here for a family celebration. I was delighted with the high standard of the food, far better than I expected in a pub, it was pretty much london restaraunt standard but less than half the price ! The setting was great, relaxed, clean comfy and cosy and just a bit different to the usual identikit restaraunt chains we are inundated with these days. I had the sailfish which was a first for me and I found it delicious. How wonderful to find new and exciting things on a local pub menu! I managed to fit in a starter and a dessert- i must admit to making a bit of a beast of myself as the portions were generous but I could not resist.
I certainly did not notice any particular noise from the kitchen- i honestly wonder if the naysayer below has the right place? I think the swan is a great find and predict i will be returning soon

2  Thank mrs_forbes_13
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My four friends and I just stayed at The Swan at Woolpit. We had travelled from all over the country to attend a special event in the village. Jonny and the all the staff were exceptionally welcoming. The rooms we had in the courtyard were lovely, warm and comfortable. Dinner and breakfast really well cooked with a varied menu - we had a great time. Would thoroughly recommend as a place to eat, drink, stay and be merry.

2  Thank Kate B