“Fab Food”

The Moody Cow
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Country Pub and Dining specialising in authentic, home made food using local, fresh produce as much as possible. Located in a delightful village setting just mintutes from junction 4 of the M50. Children, dogs and muddy boots are welcome as long as they are accompanied by well behaved adults!
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Lunch with a friend today, very friendly staff, food delicious, we both chose belly pork with garlic mash & fresh veg. 1st class, best we have ever tasted, perfect crackling and juicy tasty pork. We shared a sweet again perfect. Portions fair size, not the cheapest but well worth it. We will be back!

Chris B, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello Shelley, thank you for writing such a lovely review, I share the reviews that our guests write with our young team of chefs, yours just made their faces light up with pride.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Moody Cow very soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My partner and I have been visiting this pub a lot recently... A warm cosy atmosphere, excellent service and excellent food. One of the best pubs in Herefordshire. Absolutely worth the 15 mile drive we make to get here!

Hello Angus, Thank you so much for your kind review. I am really pleased that you find the long journey to get to us worth it.

It is our pleasure to serve you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Moody Cow very soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a fabulous family sunday lunch at the moody cow. Food was top quality, fresh and hot. Staff were friendly and welcoming and were very keen to make sure we had everything we needed. I would have loved to have given a 5 rating but am unable to because of the time it took to get our main course,45 minutes!! Which seemed even longer as we didn't have starters. What was even more fustrating was that we had to wait over 30 minutes after ordering our desserts. Being a chef myself i understand the pressures of a kitchen and wanting to get everything just right but this was in anybodies terms a bit too long. Just as well the food saved the day.

Hello Colin, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food and that the quality "saved the day".
I am sorry that your party waited longer than is usual for your food to arrive, life in our kitchen was made a little more difficult for us on the Sunday you visited because one of our ovens developed a fault, on a Sunday we rely on these ovens very much and this impacted our cooking times.
We did our best to keep your party and the rest of our guests informed but it is clear we should have done more, as for desserts this was quite unusual for us and was an error on the part of one of our less experienced waitresses which I explained to you at the time.

It is quite unfortunate that both of these issues coincided to diminish your enjoyment and I do hope that we will be given an opportunity to earn five stars next time you come.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

A nice country pub but this very nice but expensive food, my wife who is a vegetarian had a very nice 3 cheese tart whilst I had an upmarket burger and hand made chips.

Chris B, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, We are delighted that you enjoyed our home made food.
I do appreciate that our food is not cheap, but I do hope that the quality of the ingredients that we use and the expertise that we impart into every dish that we make represent value for money.

Our homemade beef burger for example is made with 100% ground Herefordshire beef fillet, filled with locally produced Monkland cheese, we even peel every potato by hand before making them into chips and make our own tomato chilli jam and garlic aioli to go with it.

We love it when our guests appreciate the difference and do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Moody Cow soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Came here for a week night dinner and hadn't booked. Made to feel very welcome, lovely atmosphere. Excellent menu choices and throughly enjoyed our meal. The citrus treacle tart was amazing!!

Would recommend a visit to this pub.

Chris B, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed our home made food, atmosphere and welcome and it was really nice of you to recommend us.

I do hope that we will see you again next time you are in the area.

Kindest regards,