“Fantastic!”

The Moody Cow
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Country Pub and Dining specialising in authentic, home made food using local, fresh produce as much as possible. Located in a delightful village setting just mintutes from junction 4 of the M50. Children, dogs and muddy boots are welcome as long as they are accompanied by well behaved adults!
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a really good lunch here yesterday. We met some friends, the place was really busy but the service (really friendly and efficient), food and overall experience was brilliant and I would recommend it. They had 2-3 veggie starter options and another 2 main course options - which for a Sunday, in a pub is unheard of - thank you!! We ended up having 3 courses - which we never normally do and could not fault any of it. Only criticism is the price of wine - £24 a bottle for the cheapest option is just that bit too high, considering the food is not over priced. Overall though, really good and we will be back!

Chris B, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed Sunday lunch with us.

I must take a look at the way we present our wine list because it must not be clear enough, our wines start at £16.95 a bottle not £24.00 and a good proportion of our wines are available by the glass too.

I am pleased that you intend to return, I will ensure that our wine list is clearer before your next visit and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Moody Cow

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Although local, and having driven past this pub every day for 3 years, we had never actually been for a meal. We decided to treat ourselves to a Saturday night meal out and the pub had been recommended to us by some friends only the previous week. We always like to try foods that we don't tend to have at home so we were really pleased to see choices on the menu such as belly pork, venison and duck. Not your usual boring lasagne, gammon egg and chips etc... (although there are options for the less adventurous). We both had scallops to start and although we felt that the portion was a little small, our mains were a good size and therefore we were full after the two courses. We squeezed in a pudding and both the sticky toffee pud and the orange frangipane tart were delicious! Worth going back just for this! The pub itself was very inviting, the atmosphere was friendly and suitable for a romantic meal or a meal with friends or family. Really nice that dogs and children are also welcome and the jar of doggy treats on the bar amused us! The staff were very attentive and chatty. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, will recommend to people we know and will definitely go back.

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review. It is funny how many of our guests tell us that they have driven past us for years before they finally make it in!

We are so pleased that you did, and delighted that you enjoyed our home made food.

It was really nice to see you and I hope you don't drive past us again without popping in, even if it is just for a quick coffee.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We met friends here, it proved to be exactly half way between Birmingham and Cardiff (and a mere 5 mins off the m50 motorway). The staff were incredibly friendly throughout both the booking process and the meal. We had a young child with us and they couldn't have been more welcoming! The food was delicious and portions very generous. The food was definitely home cooked and fresh. We will certainly return.

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our home made food and that your little one had a great time too.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Moody Cow for the first time last Friday lunchtime.
This is obviously a favourite for many as despite it's relatively 'off the beaten track' location it was pretty busy for weekday lunch.
You can see and feel the attention to detail and the owner and staff's pride in what is clearly a successful business.
The menu choice is excellent and my choice of local sausages and mustard mash and my colleagues home made fish cakes were both well presented and delicious.
I will definitely return soon.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is very rewarding when a guest appreciates the work that we put in to the details and I am especially pleased that you rated our service so highly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited the Moody Cow with my partner and in-laws for a birthday meal. IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Everything about it is excellent, I honestly couldn't fault it!! The setting is warm, authentic and homely. The landlord and service staff were excellent. The landlord spent a lot of time chatting to us and really took an interest in us and our evening. Now to the food. Absolutely outstanding. I've been lucky enough to recently visit many top restaurants in Bali and Hong Kong on my honeymoon and I'd say that this place is up there with the best of them. Incredible!!

Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are delighted that you found us warm, authentic and homely, when Dawn and I saved the Moody Cow from closure just over two years ago that is exactly what we set out to create.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope we will see you again very soon