“Brill Chef”

The Hostelrie at Goodrich Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Goodrich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hostelrie at Goodrich is a country inn with rooms, a restaurant and bar. The 18th century gothic style building is situated in the pretty village of Goodrich, which is in the stunning Wye Valley close to the edge of the beautiful Forest of Dean surrounded by many historic market towns such as Ross on Wye and Monmouth the gateway to Wales. The Hosterlrie is family owned and run by the Landlord Ayrton. We want to make your experience with us memorable by providing a warm, friendly atmosphere along with great food, a fine selection of local ales and good wines.We look forward to welcoming you at the Hostelrie. Ayrton Lowther
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Brill Chef”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The owners at the B&B we stayed at recommend this place. I am a very fussy eater, dont eat meat and cant have diary produce, the Chef cooked up an amazing risotto for me, my husband had the steak - great value for money well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013

Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“good value room, average breakfast, enjoyable evening meal”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in family room with 2 friends. The room was clean with comfortable beds, shower room rather small, no shelves or hooks - all ok for price.
Our evening meals were enjoyable - a good choice & reasonably priced although I did think it a bit cheeky to ask £2.50 for very average sliced bread to go with asparagus & salmon meal - perhaps should have been included.
The breakfast let the whole place down - cheap cereals in plastic boxes, no muesli,fresh fruits or yoghurt, fridge-cold butter and horror of horrors - cheap jam portions. Such a shame when the evening food menu boasts 'locally sourced', quality meals - my bacon was excellent, more than can be said of the mushrooms on the second day - different chef?
We were welcomed by the boss but he then went on holiday - the ambience seemed to go with him

• Visited June 2013
Edinburgh
“Nice little nook for a hot meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Despite it being at the end of the kitchen hours, the staff were good enough to not only serve us, but cook us proper meals. Several of us had the fish and chips and it was nicely done. Service was friendly and atmosphere pleasant.

Visited May 2013
UK
“Very poor”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My mother and I went to this establishment on Sunday 2nd June intending to have lunch. Upon arrival we found the restaurant deserted, as was the reception area. I went into the bar to enquire whether they were serving lunch and was told they were and to go and sit in the restaurant. After some minutes no-one had come to bring a menu, so I went out and spoke to a waitress who was taking food into the bar. She again told me to go back to the restaurant and she would send someone in to see us. Another 10 minutes or so passed - absolutely nothing!! So after availing ourselves of their toilet facilities, we left in disgust. I am unable to comment on anything other than the service as we did not eat there.
If they want to encourage custom at this hotel I suggest they provide a welcoming service instead of completely ignoring their customers. I will not be hurrying back!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Binzi62
London
“Welcoming pub with excellent food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A group of 25 of us turned up for a drink after a long walk and liked the look of the menu so much that we booked to return on Bank Holiday Monday for lunch. Friendly and welcoming, it was certainly worth the return visit for food. Kids, teenagers and adults with a wide range of tastes all enjoyed lunch in the sunny garden; a great range from simple burgers in lovely fresh baps (with or without relish) to lamb's liver and moules marnieres.

• Visited May 2013