“fun fun fun!”

The Forbach Stables
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Forbach Stables is situated in the north of Mauritius. We are a family run stables offering horse riding lessons and trail rides to adults and children of all abilities. We also specialise in vacation packages giving our clients the opportunity to work on a riding programme or experience various equestrian delights across the island during their holiday.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

the best way to enjoy the beautiful landscape, very friendly and helpfull staff. my wife and i did both the quad and horse riding, if you want to visit, for the best experience, please do both :)

There are newer reviews for The Forbach Stables

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I myself am from London and while holidaying in Mauritius wanted to go horse riding in the beautiful weather on the lovely island. After looking around at a lot of places, we chose Forbach stables mostly because the price was extremely good, it was also easy to see the prices online on the website so that there was complete transparency and no hidden fees! Unlike many of the travel agents we went to around the island who booked in for the same place but added on a massive commission so it's important to remember to book directly by phone or check it out on the website to make sure you are getting a good price.

The quality of the riding was also absolutely excellent and really exciting as we got to race some ex-race-horses through a massive sugar-cane field, galloping really fast!! I also went with my younger sister who was more of a beginner and she had a supervised group walk on the horses, which was much calmer and she also enjoyed it very much. The stable was great at catering for all levels of ability so that my friend and i enjoyed a fast paced ride while my sister could enjoy a lesson that was more at her pace.

I loved it so much i went back for more, making a few trips to the stables during my visit to Mauritius. For me the best part was definitely the galloping through the sugar cane fields, and completely not due to the stables the worst part was when it rained one time, but it was in winter so i can barely blame it.

The stables, our riding instructor and all the stable hands were very friendly and helpful. The stable facilities were well kept and everything seemed to be in order, the horses were awesome and the riding equipment we were leant for the lessons was in good shape too.

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to go riding in Mauritius.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My friend & me went for a 2hr Plantation Ride with Carla and two of her lovely ex race horses. The landscape in this part of the island is quite flat but this means that as you ride through/around the vast sugar cane fields you can see for miles - both mountains and sea. The horses are very good and Carla can cater for all levels of rider - either with riding lessons at her stables or rides through the cane. Her staff are very friendly and its great to see someone who clearly has a great passion for horses and riding encouraging both the locals and tourists to understand horses and riding better. Well worth a visit

1  Thank chiefluvvie
Reviewed October 2, 2012

During our visit to the island, we went to Forbach Stables almost every day where my 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son greatly enjoyed their lessons with Carla. Indeed, my daughter declared her time at the stables the highlight of our vacation. The horses are great for beginners, and Carla gave very solid lessons. Both of my children felt quite comfortable in the saddle after a few lessons. Rides and lessons are offered at very reasonable prices, and I appreciate that the stables provided helmets for safety. Carla was very flexible with her time in scheduling lessons. We highly recommend a visit. We will be back.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

During our stay in Mauritius we spent one day at The Forbach Stables (1-day package). We had an unforgetable ride in the sugar canes, an afternoon beach ride, lesson and stable management! Carla - our instructor - was very helpful, all horses were in perfect shape and stables were in a well kept conditions! Our lunch break was delicious - as all food in Mauritius! We will be happy to return next time in are in Mauritius!

Been to The Forbach Stables? Share your experiences!