“Superb”
Review of Dovecote Barn

Dovecote Barn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton Bonington
Dovecote Barn
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I had one night at Dovecote Barn when we were meeting up with family who live in the area.
I cannot say anything negative about the accommodation at all. Everything is finished to a very high standard. The suite we had was very clean, comforable. The hosts were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
It's a pity we were only there one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Shorty999

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I meant to write this review ages ago- we stayed here for a friend's wedding in May 2011- the wedding was in Sutton Bonnington hall and this location was amazingly convenient- literally over the road. The room was gorgeous, our host was friendly, breakfast delicious (and vegetarian catered for), we couldn't have asked for more. And I think the fact that this place has stuck in my mind for over a year shows what a lovely time we had. If i was ever in the area again I'd definitely go back. Highly recommend. And thank you to the host- sorry it's taken us so long to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren F
Reviewed June 16, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. My friend and I was attending my friends wedding in Sutton Bonnington Hall searching loads for a place to stay and we came across the Dovecote Barn.
Thank goodness we did because we both were absolutely stunned at the homely feel and look. The decoration and wooden beams gave such a warm feeling to the place. The bed very comfortable. The jacuzzi so refreshing in a very large modern bathroom.
The breakfast was out of this world. It was so tasty and filled us up for the day ahead with a plate full of fresh fruit in decorative style and then a full cooked breakfast a huge pot of tea, toast, cereal and orange juice. David, the proprietor, gave top class customer service and made us feel so very welcome, offering any assistance required and went well above expected service.
Words here doesn't give it enough justice, I can only recommend that you must try this. As well as being a magician, I write in my spare time and will be looking in the future to stay at Dovecote Barn to continue writing my novel. Everything about it is interesting and peaks inspiration.
A truly great icing to a true wedding cake few days :)
Thanks
Paul and John

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Paul U
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at Dovecote Barn last weekend when attending a wedding at Sutton Bonington Hall (just two minutes walk away). Dovecote Barn is fantastic, really homely and warm, with a really comfortable bed, a jacuzzi bath and a guest lounge where you have breakfast and can sit and relax in front of the TV.
David was a great host- he upgraded us to the suite downstairs as there was no-one else staying and he could not have been more welcoming.
The breakfast was fantastic, starting with a lovely fruit plate which I could eat every day, followed by a cooked breakfast.
I would not hesitate to recommend this great place!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Possesibling
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Warm welcome, and excellent breakfast provided all we could want during a short stay at this carefully restored residence, which is filled with interesting things. Warm and comfortable, very clean. The owner David obviously enjoys meeting people, and made us feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank Alderney98
Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a very well appointed B&B in Sutton Bonington. I was booked in here when attending a meeting at the Nottingham University campus in the village.
My room was actually a small flat with a lounge, fitted with a massive TV, a bedroom and a large bathroom containing a shower and a large jacuzzi. A pity I was to spend only 12 hours here.
Breakfast was excellent-the fresh fruit plate was a work of art. I also got a large pot of tea, which is my normal start to the morning and I hate it when a tiny pot appears.
The proprietor was extremely helpful, and there's a pleasant pub just across the street.
Pity I hadn't time to really appreciate the excellent facilities.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Bob_M325
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The best B&B I have ever stayed in - as good as 5* hotel. From the moment you arrive at this quaint character converted barn, you are warmly welcomed by David and Karen. The main bedroom downstairs is like a large suite comprising small lounge with huge Sky TV, large double bedroom, walk through dressing area and huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath and separate shower. Nothing is too much trouble and it really feels like home from home. The barn has been very sympathetically and beautifully converted and the courtyard garden has so many nooks and crannies to look around and imagine a lovely place to sit and have a drink on a summer evening. A fantastic breakfast is served in the morning - cereals, lovely fresh fruit individual platters, followed by full English and toast with homemade jams etc. We have actually stayed here twice now, will definitely stay again and would highly recommend it .

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
#1 of 2 in Long Whatton

Been to Dovecote Barn? Share your experiences!