“Unexpected oasis”

Cuisines: American
ooky57
“Unexpected oasis”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

On our way down to LA from San Francisco, stopped at the first place we found for breakfast and what a find. Sat at the old school counter and had a delicious huge bowl of oatmeal with fruit and brown sugar, my better half claasic eggs over easy and sourdough toast.

Calgary, Canada
“Very understaffed but decent food”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We ate dinner here one evening and I definitely have mixed feeling about it. The wait staff were friendly but you could tell they were completely stressed to their limit. There were maybe two waitresses for the entire place. I felt bad for them and made sure to leave a nice tip even though we waited for what seemed like forever for our food to arrive. The food itself was good though. I had a BBQ pork sandwich and was very happy with it so no complaints there. Just hire some more servers!

• Visited January 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Killer Breakfast”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I passed through here on a photo shoot between Carmel and Morro Bay. It was early morning and I needed breakfast. This turned out to be a great choice. I stepped outside my diet and got the biscuits in sausage gravy, coffee and orange juice. Basic fare, but it was fabulous. Staff were friendly and the service was fast. Redwood Grill is attached to a small but well equipped outfitter and a general store. The establishment is quaint and cozy. I'm going back next year.

• Visited December 2011
“Average food, pricey to justify large servings”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Convinent since we were staying at fernwood & travelling by bike. The burritos were tasty - with thier bbq meats- not not outstanding. In hindsite would have ordered 1 to share , it was huge! I still get a sore gut thinking about it.

North Aurora, Illinois
“rustic decor, good food”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

we went there for my birthday dinner. Not a lot of diners that night. The food was good- good portions and prices. most restuarants seemed overpriced in Big Sur- this one was a good value for your money

Visited November 2011