“Tiny cabin in the heart Big Sur”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Sur
Riverside Campground and Cabins
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Last minute mid-week getaway to Big Sur. The campground looked decent, but we stayed in Cabin 9, one room cabin nestled under some trees next to camp store. Sharing campground bathrooms with quarter-for-hot-water showers is a let-down at this price. But it's convenient in the heart of Big Sur, so 95$ a night is the going rate... Larger 2 BR cabins for about 20$ more. Big redwoods, near creek. Nearby Redwood Grill at Fernwood resort was good for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank nameleftblank

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ok so I grew up camping and have been here before (albieit 20 years ago) and my return trip was a bit underwhelming. The site comnpared to some others in the area left a bit to be desired. The grounds themselves are small so distance to the camp store, front office and bathrooms - well there really isnt anywhere to get away from these. We were in site 6 and about 10- 30 feet from each. Convienient? yes. Pretty? Yes. Quiet - Sort of. Cramped and a little lackluster yes, The fire pits are really above ground concrete grills. The proximity to neighboring campers (2 feet) was a low point. The feeling of getting away from it all was lost. But for $65/night you cant really complain and considering every other camprground was booked we really didnt have a choice. The staff is friendly, the location adjacent to trails and beaches was good but I probably will not stay here again. This is great for families or kids looking for a quick get away. Not the place for more experienced campers or young adults looking for an adventure.

Room Tip: Dont expect there to be a pick of the litter here. Every site leaves something to be desired. This p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Swhela
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I made last minute plans to camp at Big Sur. I called Pfeiffer State Park and Big Sur State Park and was told there were NO campsites available (tent, 2 people, 1 car) for at least 7 months!
Then I called Riverside Campground (and Cabins) to check if they had any vacancy. I spoke with a Mary and she was just awesome! She said they usually have their campers stay at least two to three nights. I told her I only needed one night, she said that's ok let me see where I can squeeze you in and she did! Not only did she find a campground for us, she gave us one of the best ones (in my opinion). It was just beautiful there and the stream was nice and peaceful. We were a couple minutes away from Pfeiffer Beach and McWay Falls. We loved it there! It was one of our better camping trips thank to Riverside Campground. I now recommend it to family and friends. We'll be back again for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Belle1988
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Normally I'd say it was pricey for what is a very simple cabin in a campground.... but compared to all our other options, this was very affordable, and ultimately, very enjoyable!

We ate our dinner at a table near the creek/river, and in the evening made a fire in the firepit by our cabin in the evening. We drank wine, and walked out of the woodsy campground onto the road, in order to find a clearing. Above us, countless stars twinkled in the night, a very rare car or two drove by, and we broke into the champagne we'd been saving for our next night in a "nice hotel".

Sunlight streamed through the trees in the morning, and we sat at our picnic table and drank coffee from the campground's little shop.

Our stay was short, the cabin and campground were simple, but they were also perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mam916
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed in The Studio for a weekend in January and we were very pleased. The room itself was small but very elegant with room for storage and a modern toilet. There was a lovely area outside for a campfire and somewhere to sit and eat food.
There is not a huge amount to do at the site itself but we were most pleased by the attentive nature of Pam who works in the office there. She was extremely warm and accommodating and is one of the main reason for the five stars. She took 30 minutes away from running the office one evening to come and help us with our fire and to tell us about her time at the site.
Happy to recommend.

Room Tip: We were very happy with the studio and were glad to have paid a bit extra for the toilet and half-si...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanielNN
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Never go here I had such a horrible experience. Extremely rude staff, the sites a not very nice and several hidden charges they like to spring up on you.For two nights with 8 ppl and 2 dogs on 2 sites with a total 4 cars ended up being $380 dollars with all the hidden charges such as extra person fees which is applied to any party over 2 people per site which is absolutely ridiculous. Plus there is a large and loud group campground right next to it with only chicken wire fence separating the two campgrounds. I highly suggest trying the other campsites around like Fernwood and Pfeiffer state camp grounds which are wonderful places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sharnsantacruz
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed at cabin 6. Our stay was as perfect as it can get. Lovely location with creek by the side.Washrooms were clean and Staff was very courteous and help me change my reservation from cabin 9 to 6 since my friends decided to join us. Heater in the cabin worked nicely and we were warm at night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt Carmel Highlands
Big Sur River Inn
Big Sur River Inn
#1 of 2 in Big Sur

Been to Riverside Campground and Cabins? Share your experiences!