“A disappointing experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sierra Mar

Sierra Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sierra Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: High atop the cliffs, offering breathtaking views is Sierra Mar, winner of Wine Spectator's prestigious Grand Award. Offering an unconventional fine dining experience, Executive Chef John Cox presents inquisitive food creations featuring ingredients highlighted by a sense of place and culture. Selections from the award-winning wine cellar enhance the innovative, inspired cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“A disappointing experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Travelling with our friends, we were so looking forward to our meal at Sierra Mar. It was such a disappointment. The amuse bouche was ok but nothing to shout about. The caulliflower risotto was good and unusual. The lamb shank risotto was good and tasty. The tuna was overcooked as was the Wagyu steak. The desserts were most uninspiring. We had a much better meal at Big Sur Bakery.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 761Anonymous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a wonderful meal with an amazing view. We were lucky to have the corner table and had views from both sides. We watched the sunset with a lovely bottle of wine. I had the scallops and my husband had the filet. It was very peaceful. Clientele was mostly couples. It was a romantic dinner and I would love to go back very soon.

• Visited September 2012
“Sierra Mar, a real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic view, delightful service and delicious food! The dinner was a Prefix menu that consisted of a variety of nice selections. I prefer to select a main course of choice that is not a prefix type of meal.

Visited October 2012
Robinson, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food with the perfect view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wonderful cocktails. I had the tomato soup the best I have ever had along with a turkey sandwich. My husband had pomme frites with a hamburger. Although we only had lunch here I am sure dinner is just as wonderful. The food was very fresh with great presentation.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank susan c
Alexandria, VA
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a great meal here. The location, and view, are amazing. Service was awesome. It's not cheap, but I'm glad I went there for dinner. All four courses were great, with wonderful wine pairings.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank dwm613

Been to Sierra Mar? Share your experiences!