“Perfect for Apps and wine date”
Review of Big Sur Roadhouse

Big Sur Roadhouse
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: During the summer months, MST Transit offers bus service to Big Sur. The bus stops right at the Big Sur River Inn! For schedules and more information, visit www.mst.org
Description: The Big Sur Roadhouse features delicious California cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. In keeping with our Big Sur ethos, the seasonal menu is filled with locally sourced organic ingredients. Also, not to be missed, San Francisco designer Steve Justrich's "homegrown modernism" has transformed the Roadhouse into a truly unique and fitting environment for dining in Big Sur. Please stop by for coffee, a glass of wine, a snack or make a reservation for a full meal.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went on a Saturday around 5pm and it was not crowded at all. We got the cheese plate which was awesome and I highly recommend. Lots of different wines and beers to choose from. Wait staff is really nice and on top of things.

There are newer reviews for Big Sur Roadhouse

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed at Glen Oaks, and walked across the "street" for dinner. Good atmosphere, GREAT blackened fish (salmon), but the service was VERY slow, although professional and nice. Took 2 hours for dinner, and not because we were indecisive. Would give it another go, though, and hope for more staff. Oysters were stellar.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place three times while we stayed at Glen Oaks. I was expecting better because of the good reviews I'd read. The first meal we tried was breakfast. I ordered the"southern" biscuit and gravy. Do not order this! I'm pretty familiar with biscuits and gravy being from Oklahoma. This was the strangest biscuits and gravy I've ever had. It wasn't cream gravy! It was more like chicken broth gravy....that was new but not good at all. What saved breakfast from being a total loss was the delicious and very reasonably priced biscuit sandwich my husband ordered. It was great! We liked it so much we took two to go the next morning. We took it to go because we were trying to avoid the waitress that served us the previous morning. She was terrible and rude! Despite our less than perfect breakfast there, we decided to try dinner that night. There aren't a ton of options in the area. It was ok, nothing memorable. The server for dinner was much better at least. The best thing about this restaurant is the design and decor.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our family pulled in here while looking for a place to have lunch in our road trip down the Big Sur coastline. I couldn't stop taking pictures of this charming, well-designed and sophisticated restaurant. The menu was excellent, as were our meals. Healthy, creative, fresh local fare. The kids enjoyed their chicken biscuit dishes and root beer float and we split a warm coconut upside down cake with caramel sauce drizzled on top. Delicious! We recommend.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We walked from our cabin to the restaurant, where we made reservations before our trip to CA. I was excited, because I had made the reservations and then before we left, I received my issue of Food & Wine, in which Big Sur Roadhouse was noted as a great restaurant along PCH. The restaurant was warm and inviting and our server was very good. We enjoyed our meal and our wine--a suggestion of our server.