“Excellent food and view”

Lucia Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This restaurant and lodge is right off the 1 in Big Sur. The food is excellent and the view of the ocean is incredible. The restaurant is my favorite place to eat in Big Sur, California.

There are newer reviews for Lucia Lodge Restaurant

Reviewed March 6, 2014

After reading reviews for this restaurant I was hesitant to try it out. However, I was staying in the cabins at Lucia Lodge and it's a ways to go to somewhere else. A friend and I went for dinner. I had cod, and it was very delicious. My friend had risotto and also thought it was very tasty. The waitress was very nice and attentive. Atmosphere was pleasant, too, with wonderful views of the pacific.
Would definitely dine here again but would absolutely skip the cabin.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Beautiful views and pretty good food. We stopped by here for lunch and it was the most beautiful views! They have sandwiches and salads for lunch. Prepare to cram into a small table and crappy plastic chairs on a small patio but the view alone is worth it!

Service needs a little help - the same lady was hostess and had all the tables so she was pretty slow. It's also pretty expensive but considering this is the only town for miles, it's to be expected. You don't have much choice in dining when heading up to Big Sur.

If you're passing by around lunch time, it's worth a stop.

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed February 7, 2014

As others have said, very high prices, especially for a lunch menu. Consider: Restaurant sits on a cliff over-looking the ocean, the lease must be astronomical. Insurance is probably off the charts for the same reason, and the nearest major highway is at least 40 miles away on each side of the Hwy 1 location, so I'm sure they pay a premium for deliveries. I ordered fish and chips for a price at least twice what I've ever paid before, expecting typical diner fare. What arrived in short time was a plate with two huge pieces of battered cod fillet, each about 10" in length, draped across a pile of fresh cut fries. The fish was so good, I'm afraid it might ruin all future "fish n chips" for me, the standard has been set. I'd pay the $21 again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Route66Rat
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stopped by the Lucia on a whim to catch a cup of tea. Upon entering the restaurant, there were 2 young men playing the guitar and singing--how nice, and what a surprise! Then the waitress sat us at a window table to view the astonishing views. Good start!
We had the salmon tacos; soft tortilla with delicious and spicy sauce. It came with black beans and yummy brown spicy rice. We both practically licked the bowl! Including beverage, it was about $40.00. A great treat, decent price for Big Sur, and the enjoyment of the live music.
We would for sure go back.

1  Thank Elaine197