“Food and Service The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Deetjen's Big Sur Inn Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Redding, California
“Food and Service The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service here is incredibly fast and efficient. Breakfasts are hearty and well prepared. Good coffee.

This is a historic property and has incredible charm. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank Mi S

• Thai first
New York City, New York
“Come here for an AMAZING breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The inn was full so we did not get to stay here which was a bummer- so we decided to eat breakfast here - and it was by far the best breakfast I ever had EVER.
I had the stuffed french toast and my friend had the eggs benedict with avocado. We shared 1/2 with each other- both dishes were so delicious! I wish I would have stayed another day in Big Sur so I could have had breakfast here again!!

I also got to meet Fabio (the cat behind the blog!) - he was a little sleepy but understandable ... I was there very early.

The wait staff was understaffed but despite this- they still gave us excellent service.

Don't pass this up if you are in the area ... seriously.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MinaNYC19
La Mesa, California, United States
“Quaint breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is sooooo pretty. The gardens surrounding the property are beautiful and I just loved the homey feel of the restaurant. It was warm and inviting. The food was good and the service was excellent. A beautiful little hideaway. I wish I could have stayed here! I will try if I'm ever up this way again.

San Luis Obispo, California
“Yummy & Cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was in heaven to see I could order a 1/2 eggs benedict and 1 blueberry pancake. Delish. Quaint throwback in time kind of place and great people watching.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Eat at Deetjen's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

If your staying at the Big Sur Inn you are lucky to have this very nice restaurant steps away from your cabin. Deetjen's offers many unique menu choices. I expected hamburgers and French fries and I had a wonderful rack of lamb, and an excellent soup of the day for dinner. The restaurant was very comfortable, like the Inn, and featured a great fireplace on a cool evening on the coast. The breakfast was wonderful, and they modified their menu to support our needs. The staff was attentive and helpful both at dinner and in the morning breakfast.