“Fireside queen room was lovely in the off season- dreamy grounds too!”
Review of Glen Oaks Big Sur

Glen Oaks Big Sur
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Big Sur
Portland, Oregon
“Fireside queen room was lovely in the off season- dreamy grounds too!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a fireside queen room for 2 nights in February. Loved the room, loved the walk in shower and heated bathroom floor, loved the water filter, loved the landscaping, loved the communal fire pit. Wifi was good (we streamed a movie on netflix one rainy night). FYI, there is no TV in the room. I am sure that Big Sur is a crazy place to stay "during the season" but it was super dreamy here in the winter and we recommend for a winter getaway. Also, off season our room was under $200 per night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank trpeltz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Alameda, California
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a lovely, quiet and very well kept establishment. The staff is friendly and very attentive when needed. I had a slight maintenance problem (squeaking door hinge) that was taken care of almost immediately even thought it was a Sunday afternoon when maintenance is normally not on sight. The only thing that keeps me from five "stars" is the frustratingly slow wifi connection.

(Interesting to note that when i preview this review, my rating for the restaurant does not appear. That gives tripadvisor a poor rating.)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bob m
Torrance
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights in little sur cabin 7 for my birthday from Jan 10-12. It was very small and very cozy. The staff was so very kind when I checked in 30 minutes before the office closing hour.

Cabin: It was very tiny, but had all the accommodations you need. A microwave, a coffee maker, dish washing soap, dishes, filtered water in the little fridge, oatmeal, dishes, mugs, glasses and anything else you need to prepare a quick meal. Cabin 7 and Cabin 8 are attached in one large cabin and are split. These two combined cabins are the ones that have the fire pits facing the huge beautiful trees. The fire pit was already stoked with fire wood and an easy starter kit in the pit. Such incredible detail! The cabin is so clean and gorgeous décor. It's lovely. We could hear the river outside our cabin as well. Very tranquil environment.

Privacy: We had a lot of privacy in this cabin. Since the bathrooms basically share a wall we could hear our neighbors footsteps and talking every once in a while. However it's so quiet. I loved it.

I would recommend this spot to any one who wants some quiet, privacy and a nice get away. I look forward to coming back here.

Room Tip: Grab Sur Cabin 8 if you can, it faces the back of the property and you get some more privacy. I call...
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I really enjoyed the cozy cabin, personal fire pit, and Big Sur river setting. Plus, local watering holes like the Fernwood Resort, with its great bar and deck, were just up the road. The price isn't cheap, but it's a nice slice of serenity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sullystan
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I took my girlfriend up the coast through Big Sur January 15th-19th, the first two nights we stayed at Glen Oaks Little Sur cabins.
The cabin was very tiny, however it was perfect for us! We absolutely loved the heated floors in the bathroom. The amenities provided made for a cozy stay, although I would not recommend sleeping with the windows open if your sensitive to smoke ( as I am ) because as we experienced, many other guests were out late with the fire pit going.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We only stayed here 1 night, but we wished we could have stayed longer! We were delighted to find we had been upgraded to a Fireside King suite, which was absolutely gorgeous! The combination of wooden and modern decor was beautiful, and the fire was amazing! There is no TV here, but there are board games and yoga mats provided in room. The bathroom's heated floor was soooooo wonderful, and the shower was really great, with good pressure. We purchased a s'mores kit from the front desk, and enjoyed this out by the fire pit. There's also a water feature close by, and it's lovely to spend time out there by the fire and listening to the water. Breakfast isn't included, but you can get this at the roadhouse over the highway. A fantastic stay in a gorgeous part of the world!

2 Thank NeonVenables
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed in the Big Sur Cabin. Very romantic and SO relaxing.

Our cabin was off on the side by itself. You literally just need to walk a few feet from the cabin and the river was right there. It was like having our own private river! I enjoyed opening up the windows and listening to the sound of the water.

The cabin was clean and it had everything we needed...plus more. We really enjoyed the two tubs in the backyard with a fire pit. There were two separate firepits for this cabin. One by the tubs and one in the front of the cabin. We didn't need to start a fire from scratch. They had everything ready for us....all we had to do was throw a match in the fire pit and we had a fire

We agree with the other reviews....the heated floors were awesome!

This cabin had a mini kitchen. It was equipped with silverware, cups, bowls, wine opener, tea, oatmeal, and much more.

In the bedroom, in one of the cabinets, they had a few board games and yoga mats. I thought that was a nice touch, just in case it got "boring" at night. It was far from boring for the two of us. We didnt want to leave! We had a great time and my fiancé and I would like to go back.

I had to reserve the Big Sur Cabin almost two months in advance. It's obviously the BEST cabin (I thought so, and even the girl at the front desk said the same thing.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Carmel Valley
Big Sur River Inn
Big Sur River Inn
#2 of 2 in Big Sur

Been to Glen Oaks Big Sur? Share your experiences!