Glen Oaks Big Sur
$850
$180
  • Restaurant
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
$395
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $475/night.

Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$450
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $531/night.

$396
$349
Travelocity
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $550/night.

Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
Hotwire.com
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
$266
$180
Official Site
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $232/night.

Cypress Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,251 results
All reviewsheated floorsmotor lodgelittle sur cabinfire pitdonutsbathroom floormid centuryboard gamesthe riverfiltered waterprivate patios'mores kitroad houseking roomview cabinmini fridgecoffee maker
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We picked Glen Oaks based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor, and what a good choice it was. The room was spotlessly clean and exceptionally inviting/comfortable. Loved the heated bathroom floor! And the mix between rustic and mid-century modern furniture was striking. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Roadhouse, The Glen Oaks' restaurant, that was delicious. (Never had a kale Caesar salad before, but loved it!) Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ross7573
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in one of the motor lodge rooms (#3) October 23rd & 24th. Cool room decor, nice patio out front. Great heated bathroom floors, warming gas fireplace in the room. No TV (good!). Clean, comfortable, quiet. Neat fire pit near by. The grounds are very nice, settled into a wooded hillside. Having the Roadhouse across the street for a restaurant is great. Everything has that Big Sur/Northern California/Nestled in the Redwoods vibe.

Recommend taking a walk down to the cabins along the Big Sur River. We've booked for next year already!

Room Tip: Motor Lodge rooms have somewhat overgrown foliage screening them from the parking lot. Makes for good deal of privacy. Room next to the fire pit probably a little less private, but it has a small gated courtyard separating it from the pit. Probably a little conversational noise, however, depending on who is at the pit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Seriously, I can't wax poetic enough about this place. My husband and I love Big Sur; got married 5 years ago at Post Ranch Inn (which sadly is a little out of our price range for non-wedding related events), and Deetjens was all full up, so I decided to try out Glen Oaks for the first time. And can I say; WOW!! I will most definitely be returning here, and recommending it to all my friends passing through Big Sur. Like a mid-century modern beauty! I feel like we were stepping into a Sunset Magazine photo spread, seriously.

We booked the Motor Lodge Queen, wanted to give it a rave review, since when I was booking, i noticed most of the reviews here are for the cabins. Loved it, beautiful bathroom and bedroom, totally enjoyed the lack of TV/ etc too. Played Jenga, relaxed by the fire, and drank some of the wine that is offered in the room. Perfect 5 year anniversary trip! Total ease in booking the room and checking in late as well.

Grabbed breakfast across the street at the Road House, which was delicious. Coffee is comp for hotel guests there too!

Directions! When approaching from the south (since there's no exact address, which is slightly confusing), you go past the main drag (past Nepenthe, past Big Sur Bakery, past Fernwood, and past Big Sur Station), and it'll be on your right. You see the RoadHouse on your left before seeing Glen Oaks on your right (as it's on a bend).

Room Tip: We were totally happy with room 14, Queen Motor Lodge. Beautiful fireplace, cute little backyard, tucked up in the corner with privacy. Could hear slight road sounds, but didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Words really cannot express how much I enjoyed my stay at the Glen Oaks in Big Sur. Set among the redwoods in one of the most beautiful places on earth this modern hotel offers simple yet elegant rooms. Comfy bed, large shower with awesome organic bath products, your own patio in front of the room, AND you can heat the bathroom floor!!!! I love that the rooms do not have televisions, but instead offer games, yoga mats, and a small canvas with a brush. Across the street is their restaurant the Big Sur Roadhouse which offers yummy food served by the friendliest staff in all of Big Sur. Next to the hotel is a small general store for snacks, supplies, and souvenirs and also a gas station. This hotel deserves 15 stars... I will be staying here every time I visit Big Sur!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I just tried to book a room as I am attending a wedding next year and they would not take a reservation and not because the room is booked. They asked if I was coming for an event and I told them I was coming for a wedding and at that time they wanted to know if I was coming with a group and I am not (The small wedding is being held at another location…not at this hotel). Once I mentioned I was coming for a wedding I was then told they could place me on a waiting list and if no groups came in they would call me at the first of the year so I could book a room. So, the room I requested is not booked but I can't reserve it because they are holding out for a better offer? I saw a great article in Sunset Magazine and was excited to try this place out. They really should post their "rules" on their website or just tell me the room is booked.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple