Big Sur is a magical place made even better by staying at the Glen Oaks cabins. We were graciously upgraded to the Sycamore cabin upon arrival and the staff could not have been more helpful. The cabins are modern, clean but not pretentious.
A few tips:
- There is a store next door to the check-in cabin where you can buy smores ingredients
- The Big Sure bakery down the road is awesome for dinner and also for picking up some baked goods and coffee in the morning
- There is another general store up north with an OK selection of wine and beer
- Unlimited firewood means sitting by the fire all night long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as one of the most romantic places to stay, our adobe motor lodge was considered modern in 1957 and 50 years later Glen Oaks Big Sur has a fresh rustic-modern and Green sensibility. Our accommodations consist of 16 Adobe Motor Lodge rooms with cozy gas fireplaces and 10 Cottage/Cabin style rooms with kitchen/kitchenettes and most have access to the Big Sur River. All accommodations have free wireless internet and telephones with free local calls. We are located on Highway One in Big Sur Valley. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Glen Oaks Big Sur Hotel Big Sur
- Glen Oaks Hotel Big Sur
- Glen Oaks Resort Big Sur