“LOVE”

Big Sur Taphouse
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Taphouse is located right next to the Big Sur Deli and the Big Sur Post Office. We have a pet friendly, large outdoor patio with a beautiful view of the Santa Lucia Mountains. Stop by and try one of our 10 craft brewes on tap or a glass of wine. We also feature live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Come stop by and see us!
Reviewed January 14, 2014

this was an unexpected awesome find! we randomly decided to stop here and found an amazingly little pub! the food was fantastic and had a great selection of beers! it had such a cool vibe, laid back, very cool architecture. it has a little grocery store connected to it as well. one of our coolest places to go to on our trip!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hands down best fish tacos on our trip up the coast... if you go on Monday's they have a good deal for tacos!

1  Thank emgroop
Reviewed December 15, 2013

What do you do when your room doesn't come with a TV and and you want to watch a sports game? Come here! We dropped in here on Friday night to catch the Warriors play against the Rockets and were fortunate to find HD TV, good food and drinks, good service, and friendly locals. Between the two of us, we ordered the reuben sandwich, tacos, chips and salsa, and some beers. The food had generous portions, and we played Jenga in between TV commercials. I even picked up a souvenir Big Sur magnet next door at the general store. Friday night was supposed to be live music/open mic night, but no one seemed to be in a singing mood.

Thank you locals who sat next to us and were friendly and offered some tips on where else to visit and eat during our weekend stay! Thank you Kevin, bartender/server, for the food and hospitality!

1  Thank Halo345
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We arrived late on "Mariachi Monday". 2$ tacos! The food here was amazing! Fresh guacamole and incredible authentic (stuffed to the brim) tacos. The local football and basketball games were on, the locals were cheering, or playing board games. A great selection of board games are on hand, as well as a large fire place to enjoy. This is rustic and unique with a really authentic mountain feel to it. Jessie was our waiter that night, what a great guy! So glad we stopped in.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I guided myself from what coworkers had told me. They said it’s a great family area and it’s beautiful, people are friendly you are going to love it. This is NOT A PLACE FOR FAMILIES.... AKA ITS A SPORTS BAR> Here I am coming in with a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 7 month old into a BAR..... I walked to the bar area and got right back out. Waiters were using foul language, chewing gum with the mouth wide open and it smelled like strong beer and some people looked a little out of it. I am not one to judge because I too cuz out to my heart’s content but not while I am working and not in front of other peoples kids; Ok it’s a bar I get it, but if you see children you keep it down a little.... I thought I would give it a chance a week or two later I go back by myself though I do not drink so I am going to try the food on the go. I ordered pizza Basic cheese and Pepperoni. Took 32 min to get my order in because the bartender was MIA then he had to get the people in front of me orders and then another 27 min. to get my food.... Have you ever seen a hungry person they are not very nice..... It was a little too hard for me yes it was warm, it had more garlic than cheese but it also had an excessive use of white powder underneath that may have been flower, Not even kidding my kids had mustaches by the first bite they thought it was hilarious... I guess I would of had fun if I was going with friends or if I drank but I do not drink and have 3 kids me time is MIA...Just saying NOT A KID FRIENDLY AREA. And I am sorry maybe the pizza was not having a good day but I would not purchase it again.... At least it was only $11.00

1  Thank Danella D

Been to Big Sur Taphouse? Share your experiences!