Post Ranch Inn
$850
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,175/night.

$180
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,190 results
All reviewssierra martree housepacific suiteinfinity poolupper coastglass of champagnethe cliffworth every pennymini barupper butterflytreehouse roomocean viewhot tubstocked fridgeheaven on earthbucket listcrackers
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been coming to the PRI since they opened in the early 90's, and over the years, it only gets better and better. From the moment you check in to the moment you leave, every comfort is thought through and taken care of: wine in the fridge, snacks and fruit replenished daily, fire ready to light twice a day, lovely music, privacy, quiet, and luxury personified. This spot makes for an incredibly expensive getaway, but it is worth every cent. The views, the food and wine in Sierra Mar, the infinity pools, the rooms, the gardens, the spa, and the amazing service all have to be experienced to be believed. Add in jaw-dropping hiking and whale-watching while you are at it. We were here for Valentine's Day, and we were greeted by a chilled bottle of rose when we returned from our hike, as well as a red rose and chocolates at night- lovely! Two days at the Post Ranch are better than a week anywhere else in the world- we travel a lot, and I mean it- better than anywhere. My new goal is to stay for a week!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank eliselaf
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Simply stunning & sublime describes the Big Sur coast and the Post Ranch Inn.
There is a Big Sur aesthetic of the predominance of nature and the artistic culture that flourishes there.
Post Ranch Inn not only has the unsurpassed views of nature with the ocean, coastline, mountain views and wildlife (deer, wild turkeys and raptors are guaranteed “sightings”) it also showcases the artistic with monumental sculptures and an inspired collection of architectural elements that make up the structures themselves. The interiors cement the whole with every detail considered and every amenity you could think of.
Our bellman said that some guests have been known to burst into tears when being shown their accommodations because they are overawed.
The Inn is run with a sense of stewardship & history and it is a privilege to feel a part of it however briefly. Each room has wonderful books that are fascinating.
A magical experience with no sleight of hand involved. The staff are attentive & kind. They really are an essential part of the whole. British understatement - "we had the best time".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gillean W
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the Post Ranch Inn in January. I've wanted to visit this hotel for many years and so a trip to California coincided with enough time to drive up to Big Sur.
I was not disappointed - in fact, Post Ranch Inn exceeded my expectations on so many levels.

The staff at reception are lovely. A glass of champagne and a red wine for my husband made us relax the minute we walked through the door. Perfect!

We were in one of the Coast rooms. The view was literally to die for. I have travelled the world and stayed in some of the most amazing places but when I realised I could see whales spouting water, I was just even more entranced. The ocean views are unparalleled. I couldn't stay at the hotel and not have the full ocean view!

There are so many beautiful touches at the Post Ranch Inn that it is hard to list them all. It was my birthday so there was a bottle of champagne left in my room for me with a card. Beautiful touch! We also absolutely loved the water bottles in our room. Another thoughtful touch. I could go on and on but really, you should just go there and experience it for yourself!

I will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank luxuriousliving
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at the resort after reading a favourable review in a Travel Magazine. Upon check in, we were blown away by the property; the well manicured gardens, the bautiful views and the creative architecture. We entered our room (one of the tree houses), and the first thing I did was call the front desk to see if we could stay an additional 2 nights (we were only going to stay for 3 nights, and then head down to LA, but after catching a glimpse of this place, I knew that 3 nights would not be enough), and they were able to accommodate (we moved to a different room, and it was fun to switch it up). The rooms are impeccable and the views offered are incredible; too sun/moon-roof was a nice touch and gave us something to gaze into as we drifted off to bed in the uber comfortable bed. The 'fire-ready' fireplace (honestly, throw in one match and within 10 seconds you have a roaring fire) was a nice touch and we lit the fire every evening. The stocked fridge (wine, chocolate, almonds, organic juices, etc.) was replaced twice a day (even on days when we went on hikes and pretty much emptied it out before leaving) free of charge, and this was a nice bonus. The rooms and layout are very private and allowed for a very romatic week. The infinite hot tubs with incredible views were amazing and a great way to end off a day hiking or a long meal at the fantastic restaurant on site.
The spa treatments were fantastic, but I was put off by the fact that for one of our treatments, we arrived 15 minutes late due to circumstances beyond our control (they were cleaning our room and we had to wait to get in to get changed before our treatments) and explained our situation, but they cut 15 minutes off our treatment time and had NOBODY booked after us. I think that when you are investing so much in a resort and something like this happens (for which they can accommodate), they should be flexible and understanding. Regardless, this is a very small point and did not steal away from the overal experience, which was fantastic.
We used the fitness center and swam in the pool and were satsified with these amenities as well. The walking trails on the resort were also fun for a pre-dinner hike as it stimulated a healthy appetite.
We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Try the treehouses if it is your first time! If you are celebrating something special, make sure you splurge on the oceanfront rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We just left Post Ranch Inn, on our way back to San Francisco and I had to write this review on the ride home because I can't get this beautiful experience out of my head. First of all the staff was the most genuinely caring and considerate staff I have ever encountered, especially Eugene Jauregui the Front Desk Representative. He was so charming and accommodating to our every want and need without hesitation. The personal attention that he gave to us was spectacular. We are two insanely picky, very well traveled men and we have never experienced such perfection as we did at Post Ranch. The property has unsurpassed beauty from the sprawling ocean side views on one side to majestic mountain views on our other. The Ocean view cabin on the cliff was everything a man could dream to experience. Watching the sunset from the infinity pool next to our cabin was life changing. Every detail of the cabin was designed to perfection. Wood, concrete and glass with metal was in complete harmony with nature. The cliff side restaurant was not only visually stunning but was also 5 star dining. We sat on the deck listening to the waves crash below while we sipped on amazing cocktails awaiting our meal. We had trout tartar with crispy skin, an heirloom beet salad to start and for our main course we had the big sur chanterelle risotto and yellowtail tuna. It was everything! A true culinary feast. The staff was inviting , personable and knowledgeable which we appreciate. It is by far the best experience we have ever had traveling be it across the globe or a long weekend down the coast. I know the saying goes, I left my heart in San Francisco but I think my heart just found new digs. Bravo and Thank You Post Ranch and your wonderful staff. George Falcon and James Mackey

• Stayed: February 2013