“An absolute must. Drive from north to south if you can.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Coast Road

Ranked #11 of 32 things to do in Big Sur
Yorkshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“An absolute must. Drive from north to south if you can.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

If you can make this drive from north to south, you will be on the seaward side of the road.

3 Thank barfin

A TripAdvisor Member
“What a Drive!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2003

A friend told me that while I was in the area that I had to do this drive. Some of the locals had not even heard of it! We did it on March 8, 2003 just two days before they were due to do some major work on it. It was a blast and the only time that I was glad I had upgraded the rental to a SUV. There were many deep ruts and other interesting terrain. I would not have enjoyed it at all in a car. I assume this will change after the road work. Anyway, it is well worth the time and a great drive! Highly recommended.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member