“Good Pitstop”
Review of Big Sur Deli

Big Sur Deli
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Big Sur
Cuisines: American
Description: This is not an official restaurant, but a delicious deli below Big Sur Lodge.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you're driving route 1 and don't feel like taking time out for a full meal, this little bodega has great sandwiches (prewrapped or custom made), plus good homemade tamales. I suggest grabbing food here and heading to one of the local picnic spots. Really cheap too.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We arrived in Big Sur late and tired and we didn't feel like going out to diner so we chose to grab some take-out from the Big Sur Deli. Being that we were in Big Sur I was expecting classier service than having the cashier who just finished handling the cash in the register making our sandwiches with his bare hands without even pretending to wipe or wash his hands. Honestly, I wouldn't even expect that from a fast food dump much less a deli. We get grossed out easily and I had to keep what I saw a secret in addition to blocking it out of my own head so I could actually eat my sandwich. The food was very good and I would have given them 4 stars if not for the bare hands incident.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is the deli right next to the Tap House. The sandwiches are outstanding, as are the wings, and tamales. We came back three times. This was the only place we found that didn't cost your first born son to eat some great food. The guys were super helpful and friendly. I am so glad to have found this spot.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped here to pick up sandwiches and beer to take to the beach. Food is great and the price is right. Lots of fun stuff in the general store type atmosphere. This place is good to pick up some really cool local souvenirs.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ok food. Nice service. You don't have alot of choice in Big Sur so you could do worse for sandwiches on the go!

Been to Big Sur Deli? Share your experiences!