Pictures of the place looked very inviting when we made our reservation - now that we've stayed there I would pick another place.
- We picked a suite, so the front of our room overlooked the river which is picturesque.
- All rooms are about 100 ft from the highway - very noisy from sun up to sun down! 18 wheelers, cycles, cars, you name it pass by. A mere seconds between each vehicle.
- Room was clean yet rundown - carpet was well worn with snags, wood accents looked like they had seen better days.
- No A/C - we stayed during a warm week and had to sleep in the living room due to no a/c, road noise (bedroom of suite backs to highway), and ceiling fan in living room only
- Lack of cell phone reception and TV. (but wireless wifi is available for free)
- Quite pricey for what you get
If I had to do it over again, I would probably stay further north in a city and just drive down each day to spend time in the Big Sur area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint stream-side inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Big Sur River Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Sur River Hotel Big Sur