“A 'do not miss' view”

Book In Advance
More Info
$680.00*
and up
Private Full-Day Tour Monterey Peninsula - Carmel...
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Big Sur
More attraction details
Owner description: A breathtaking 80-foot waterfall dropping from the cliffs to the ocean is the focal point of this park.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

absolutely stunning; right off road; boardwalk and interesting historical commentary. hope to come back and see more of this park and do some hiking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"california coast"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Big Sur in general was extraordinarily beautiful, and this was the one place I had a chance to hike. I would highly recommend exploring both sides, as the redwood forest is stunning. Maybe its not possible to rival the cliffs of the coastal side, but the forest trek holds its own. You could spend half a day here and should.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

We were driving UP hwy #1 through Big Sur, rounded a bend and WOW! We pulled over right away just to orient ourselves and get the name of the Park. We only spent one hour and wish we had had more time to explore...but the rock formations, the rolling surf, the beautiful vistas...a photographers dream. Other reviews suggest being there for sunset and I am sure it must be extraordinary! We had to make do with Monterey Bay, near our motel!
[Also wish it were easier to upload our photos from iPhoto which tripadvisor does not support.]

Reviewed December 2, 2014

*** We visited in August of 2013 but it doesn't let you go back that far.***

Last year my husband and I took two weeks off of work and flew into Los Angeles. We then drove on Highway 1 without any concrete plans.

Along the trip, we decided to stop at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. We are so glad we did.

The hiking was great and the views were amazing!!! When we first got there it was foggy but we continued hiking and as the weather cleared the view was worth it.

Have your camera ready for sure and enjoy this beautiful park!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2014

I was traveling down the coast and when I arrived to Big Sur I didn't leave. It's amazingly beautiful magical place. Pfeiffer Beach State Park is a must to see. There are rock formations all along the beach which make for amazing photos. I suggest to bring your camera and stay for the sunset. Get a photo with the setting through the rocks on glowing off the water.