“A Magic Place for Me!”

The Esalen Institute
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been in Esalen many time taking educational workshops, getting great massages, and enjoying their healing hot springs and organic homemade food! Since my first visit there, I fall in love with Esalen and go there a few times a year. This place heal not only bodies, but souls. It is a magic place! Many workshops are offered for different interests: psychology, massage, Yoga, gardening, etc. You can visit their website to see all information. Variety of organic veggies and herbs are grown there and used for cooking their meals. Mineral tubs are location on the cliff and you can enjoy sunset from there. Be aware that the hot tubs area is clothing optional and if you feel uncomfortable about it, think about going there. Esalen is place full of interesting people from allover the world with great teachers. I am looking forward to my next visit there in July 2013.

2  Thank CaliforniaGirl5555
There are newer reviews for The Esalen Institute

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I only was here for the night hot springs but I loved the experience. Sitting in the naturally warm waters with the waves crashing the shore directly below you is amazing. I cannot think of another hot springs where I had such a great experience as this. I read a few reviews of people displeased because of the clothing optional aspect and I would just say a few things about that, first if you are uncomfortable with being seen like that wear a swimsuit, you are most certainly allowed, second with the soft lighting they place provides you are unlikely to see much others that you don't want and the same is true for them.
Try this to enjoy the experience.

2  Thank michaeljacobs79
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place is te only place in the world here u r free to b u and do what u wish. Everyone is so loving and positive . Did the winemakers weekend and it was amazing . Great wine, amazing food and friends I made that I will never forget. If u want a special experience you'll never forget , visit <3

2  Thank ShelleyMae
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love Esalen! It's a different kind of place! The baths! The gardens!

There is magic there, it's hard to explain, and it's not for everyone!

Rooms are not always as clean as they could be for the cost! I've stayed in most types of lodging offered, and they're all very nice! Beds are super cozy!

Craftsmanship, environmental stewardship, and creativity thrive here!

2  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I loved this place! have been here for a week workshop and will definitly return next year.. it gave me so much joy... and inspiration. service at the front desk improved a lot!!! thanks guys! just answering mails and international calls can take a while... whatever.. just go there & enjoy! :)

1  Thank MunichEverAfter