“Just the perfect little spot”
Review of Clandestyno

Clandestyno
Ranked #46 of 190 Restaurants in Puerto Morelos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Been a couple years since I came here and boy I'm glad we came back! This is a gem of a restaurant run by a warm Italian family. Great service, delicious food. They have a separate vegan menu, which is new and looked good. But I went for the ravioli with cheese and artichoke, with zero regrets. It was spectacular! Great flavor and good texture. All their pastas are made in house. Don't miss this place if you're in Puerto.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

I went by this place many times during my visit to Puerto Morelos because it had such good reviews. But there was never anyone in the place. A couple of times I stood in the doorway and no one (neither customers nor staff) ever appeared.

Finally, one day I got lucky and even though there still were no other customers I decided to have lunch. I had the Thai green curry, which I thought was an interesting menu item for a mostly Mexican restaurant.

It took a really long time to make, which was fine, since I wasn't in a rush, but no other customers ever came in. The food was just okay. It was honestly the only mediocre meal I had my entire 15 days in Puerto Morelos. The vegetables were very overcooked amd the curry itself was mostly salt without any of that great cilantro-basil-galangal-chili-coconut blend flavour. I guess I shouldn't have expected a great Thai dish in a Mexican restaurant, but since it was there I thought perhaps the chef had some Thai influence. It was edible, but I don't know why it's on the menu. The jasmine rice was nice!

I must have been there for 2 hours and no one else ever came in. I thought about going back and trying something else, but no matter when I walked by day or night I never saw another customer in there -- which to me means it was probably not worth a repeat visit.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

Don't pass this place up! My wife and I have had dinner here multiple times on are visits to Puerto Morelos. We are often the only people in the restaurant, and honestly, we do not understand. The menu has many tasty and interesting options, and we always enjoy our meals. When the more popular restaurants are all full, give Clandestyno's a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 29, 2019

The vegan burger here is amazing! We ordered it three different visits! Ana María was kind enough to explain to me how to make it on my own even! Juicy, our waiter, was warm and kind, she went out of her way to welcome us and get us anything and everything we asked for each time we visited. The vegan stuffed pepper is also spectacular. You just don't expect that much from a stuff pepper but, no kidding, it's fabulous! We tried the vegan burger and vegan stuffed pepper on our first visit and every time we returned - I regret not having tried their other vegan options but I've no doubt everything at this place is amazing. Ana María, the Chef, makes all the food fresh from scratch. The garden and restaurant are clean and pretty, and right by the square/park.

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

Our overall experience was all right, but we both agreed we didn't like it enough to want to go back. My friend had the vegan burger, which she liked well enough. I had the pasta carbonara which was okay. Nothing remarkable about it. The fake garden setting is nice enough but the ground is uneven, which makes chairs sit unevenly. The service was great, though. Attentive.