We stayed in two rooms at this hotel, one on the ground level in the front building and one on the third floor of the back building (both Junior Suites). The first was next to a walkway and the pool and didn't feel that private; we also worried about security. The room itself seemed a bit old and could use some freshening up. The second room was much nicer; more airy with lots of light since it was on a corner. There is a lot of effort put into room decor, but this doesn't extend to the bathrooms, which seem to be an afterthought. They are tiny and cramped and could really use some updating; they look nothing like the pictures on the website.
The manager and his nephew were great; very friendly and accommodating. The nephew even stayed overnight to make sure we woke up for our 4 am taxi to the airport. The restaurant staff were also very pleasant (there is a simple breakfast included).
This hotel really deserves 3 1/2 stars and with better bathrooms they could go even higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel with a very laid-back atmosphere, excellent personalized service, comfortable and clean installations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel el Moro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada El Moro Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Posada El Moro Puerto Morelos
- Hotel El Moro Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos