“comfortable”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“comfortable”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night at the end of March, and one night in early April. Very clean, comfortable, quiet. Pleasant staff. About three blocks from the public beach.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Norma10_17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2011

As we prefer staying in Mexican run hotels we are always happy to find one that we particularly enjoyed and pass the news on to other travellers. This is a small, personal hotel with lovely landscaping and friendly staff. I loved the shape of the rooms (off square) and the additional pieces of furniture which were useful and comfortable. We also found that the food was as good as anything we got elsewhere and in many cases better - Pedro's fajitas were especially good!

Would definitely go back.

Paul & Josie Fletcher, Tahsis, British Columbia

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fletch78
Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed at Posada el Moro for 9 nights, while visiting the Riviera Mayan. It was very convenient to have the kitchen in the room, since we did not find the restaurants in town to be budget friendly. The suite was large, bright and cheery and very clean. The staff was friendly. I will caution that the rooms facing the street can be noisy at night from the music at the local bars or even the festival on the town square. However, we just closed up the windows and turned on the AC, and this took care of that. The ocean front windows and great breeze during the day was well worth it. You can not beat the beach in town, a short walk brought us to a large, uncrowded white sand beach. We snorkled regularly right from the beach, but did take a boat trip out 1 day, to the deeper reef area. (This we arranged for $25US from the dive shop right next to the hotel). We took several day trips down the coast to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and different ceynotes. We loved coming back to our comfy little home at the hotel after a day out. If you are looking for walled in all-inclusive resort with carpeting, pools, etc and no local flavor, this town and hotel are probably not for you. But if you want a real feel (though plenty of traveler amenities) than Puerto Morelos, and the Posada el Moro shouldn't disappoint.

Room Tip: We had room 14 (see above about noise).
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JackiSaintPaul_MN
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was our last stop after traveling through Mexico. I agree with other comments about location, cleanliness etc but I think that there are little things that made us feel that they were a little too money conscious. Like every hotel/hostel we stayed in throughout Mexico provided drinking water for free (whether it was complimentary bottled water or filtered) these guys didn't. Same with Wifi - provided free everywhere else but here. We were told that breakfast was included but not told that it was only very thinly sliced fruit and toast (anything else you pay for - which is ok had we known). Again everywhere else we stayed had lovely servings of fruit not thin slithers!! We asked how much a taxi to the airport would cost and were told 350 pesos so we arranged our own for 250 pesos so I guess is that the hotel takes a cut.
We loved the accommodation but felt in general that it was too focussed on making money.

• Stayed March 2011
New England
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I booked our stay at Posada el Moro based on reviews on TA and we could not have been happier. From the first emails with Miguel until the last good-bye we knew we had found the place for us. I almost hate to tell anyone about it -- I want to keep it for myself!

The hotel is small, immaculate and a short walk from the town square and the beautiful beach. Everyone on staff is friendly, smiling and willing to help in any way you might need. Our room on the third floor was cheerful, bright and well equipped. We only used the airco one night, preferring the fresh air and the sounds of Puerto Morelos.

The small pool area is a lovely oasis on a warm afternoon, the hammocks are a great place to read or nap and the chairs and table outside of our room made for a good spot for lunch, games or just relaxing.

Posada el Moro may not be for everyone -- no room service, no bar, no robes. But for independent, budget minded travelers you should check out Miguel and Posada el Moro.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluewaterdiva
Dear Bluewaterdiva:

This is the owner of Posada El Moro and I thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor. Our goal is to provide the best service and be part of nice vacations for our guests. I have to say that Miguel Garcia and his staff are doing an excellent job to reach those goals. Furthermore, people like you make our efforts worthwhile.
Again, I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in Puerto Morelos.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We spent 10 nights at Posada el Moro. We had the 3rd floor suite. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. We had everythig we needed. The entire hotel is very well kept. The staff was friendly and we had no problems whatsoever. They even have a very nice continental breakfast that we enjoyed almost every day. The only thing that might bother some people is that because the window opens onto the street below, it can be noisy at times. That wasn't a concern to us, we usually liked being able to hear the music from the bars on the street, but when we didn't want to hear it, we closed the windows and turned on the air conditioner. Also there is no elevator, so if you are travelling with people who have disabilities, this would be a consideration. Every room I saw in the hotel seemed nice, so staying on a lower floor should be OK too. We enjoyed seeing the street and the ocean from our window. This hotel is convenient to the beach and to the town square. We look forward to coming back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilcookie
Dear lilcookie:
This is the owner of Posada El Moro and I thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor . Our goal is to provide the best service and be part of nice vacations for our guests. I have to say that Miguel Garcia and his staff are doing an excellent job to reach those goals. As you pointed out, we cannot have control on the music, barking dogs and noisy roosters but that is part of the experience of living in Puerto Morelos. Nevertheless, people like you make our efforts worthwhile.
Again, I appreciate your comments and hope to see you in Puerto Morelos again.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We were really pleased with our hotel choice in Puerto Morelos. It was our first time to PM and I wanted to be close to the town square to have quick walking access to the beach, grocery store and all the fantastic restaurants.

Miguel and all his staff are so friendly and very gracious. The rooms are bright, airy and immaculately cleaned. The continental breakfast was always a nice start to the day. A menu was also available to order from for a small charge. The omelettes, heuvos rancheros, hotcakes and french toast were all very good!

Ramona and Johan down in their diveshop in the lobby always had a hello and a moment for a visit to discuss diving, snorkelling, biking or the town of PM. We rented bikes from the diveshop and spent a great morning biking to find the boardwalk and then went on further North biking past all the big resorts.

It is only a half block down and a half block over to a wonderful beach. Turquoise water, sugary white sand and no rocks in the water. I read a lot of complaints about all the seagrass... I am not sure what they meant by that as a tractor raked up the grass every morning(unless that is relatively new?)

If I HAD to complain about something it would be the karaoke restaurant across the street. This is by no means any fault of the hotel though. Some nights the music was good and I would sit out on my balcony and enjoy it... some nights it was terrible with the same song playing over and over. Just close the window and turn on the A/C. Once again...it is my ONLY complaint and it has nothing to do with the hotel.

Yes, there were barking dogs and roosters crowing but that is the charm of staying in a small Mexican town. When I am away on a hot vacation, back at home it is -40 Celcius. The roosters and dogs are telling me to get my butt out of bed and enjoy every moment in paradise that I can! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SaskMokaDog
Dear SaskMokaDog :

This is Alejandro Morelos the owner of Posada El Moro and I thank you for your kind words in your Tripadvisor review of our service. Our goal is to provide the best service and be part of nice vacations for our guests. I have to say that Miguel Garcia and his staff are doing an excellent job to reach those goals. Furthermore, people like you make our efforts worthwhile.
Again I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in Puerto Morelos.